Site Engineer at Structon
Posted on: 11 May, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Building / Construction
View All Jobs at Structon
Structon Limited is an organization formed and wholly-owned by Nigerians to deliver engineering, procurement, construction, maintenance (EPCM), and project management services to clients in diverse industries around the world.
We work with clients in government and private sectors to design, build, and maintain the most complex and challenging capital projects. Our diverse portfolio encompasses residential and commercial projects.
We have quick access to international markets via our geographical spread and technology. Our global partners in the US and Europe provide design, engineering and construction management support to our domestic team of experts.
Our mission is to provide exceptional services and technical knowledge across every phase of a project by delivering quality products through unparalleled support services by our skilled, competent and dedicated staff.
Our vision is to become a trusted global business leader in Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) services known for our penchant for excellence in delivering quality projects on schedule and within budgets.
While we work for governments and commercial customers, our projects have helped grow local economies and improve the quality of life for communities and people around the world. Time and again our work has demonstrated that the only limits on human achievement are those that we place on ourselves.
- Acting as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, crafts people and operatives.
- Carrying out setting out, leveling and surveying the site.
- Assists in site surveys at sites to define lines and grades, topography, underground utilities, cuts and fills.
- Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
- Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications.
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials.
- Making cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project as needed.
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project.
- Liaising with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) and project manager to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws.
- Liaising with project manager, clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress.
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labor force and the work of any subcontractors.
- Planning the work and efficiently organizing the site and facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines.
- Overseeing quality control and health and safety matters on site.
- Preparing reports as required.
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Coordinates with Project manager on the production of programme of works.
- Reports survey by providing sketches, calculations, documentation, and illustrations; results used to manage as-built, monthly progress, variations and milestones.
- BSc. in Civil Engineering
- 5 years of field experience in civil engineering
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Ability to demonstrate willingness and aptitude to perform field work in varying weather conditions
- Have a strong work ethic and able to work as part of a team
- Candidate should be energetic and communicate effectively with client personnel
Method of Application
Click here to apply for this position.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about StructonSimilar Jobs
- Project Manager Vacancy at a Building Materials Company - Executive Solutions
- Job Vacancy at the Churchgate Group
- Latest Job Recruitment at Arbico Plc
- Human Resource Roles at Arbico Plc
- Sales Manager Vacancy at a Large Building Materials Group - WOWJobs