If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to.
Nigerdock is West Africa’s leading Oil & Gas construction corporation and has an additional focus on major marine services including offshore and pressure vessels fabrication, ship building and repair, industrial training and specialized Oil & Gas and maritime support. It is strategically located on Snake Island Integrated Free Zone, an impressive industrial free zone facility and port development on an island in the coastal waterway of Lagos, with immediate access to open seas.
Nigerdock is organised into four main divisions, namely Projects, Offshore Fabrication including Pressure Vessels, Facilities department which is an internal service provider, and a Ship repair yard. In addition there is a dedicated Training Centre. Each of these four main divisions is a standalone unit headed by a General Manager, reporting to the Operations Director.
Nigerdock is an ISO 9001:2000 UKAS certified organisation; it is also one of a very few companies in West Africa with ASME U&R stamp certification for the fabrication of pressure vessels.
Nigerdock has an aggressive investment programme into new plant, equipment and technologies. It is also committed to the training of its workforce and the constant improvement of its systems and procedures.
Nigerdock is a Jagal Group Company.
An excellent career opportunity for a highly experienced General Manager (Fabrication) to handle all Fabrication activities at Nigerdock.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure that resources, manpower and skills are in place to deliver project requirements safely, on time, within budget and to the desired quality standard.
• Provide leadership to the fabrication group.
• Generate and implement training and development programme for Nigerian team members.
• Ensure that the fabrication engineering division runs as an integrated part of Nigerdock’s business
• Development of strategies and plans for growth and operational enhancements
• Ensure that the Fabrication division organisation is competent and appropriately organised to meet the business needs.
• Ensure that the Fabrication division has appropriate quality management processes, procedures and work methods, standing instructions etc. and at all times complies to ISO 9001 requirements.
• Ensure that the Fabrication division develops maintains and constantly improves its relationship with key third party sub-contractors and JV partners as required to deliver the service.
• Defines and elaborates the scope of work for external contracting and in-house execution for all phases of the work.
• Delivers excellence in all divisional metric including, HSE, quality, cost and schedule performance
• Manages the Fabrication division P&L
• At least 20 years’ experience of oil and gas multi-discipline fabrication and construction projects execution.
• A minimum of at least 5 years in the position of the full operation of a large fabrication yard.
• Must have significant experience at a senior level within a medium sized company having delivered to Blue Chip clients or a blue chip organization with specific accountabilities in integrated fabrication yard operations and the associated financial and commercial management of the yard.
• Experience of International based assignments with demonstrable evidence of being able to mentor other nationals effectively and be committed to mentoring locals.
To apply for this position, click here