If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
An ICT Policy internship at Paradigm Initiative Nigeria is your chance to join our policy team working on emerging threats to digital rights and to connect with our global network of Internet policy advocates. You’ll be partnered with a member our policy team who will provide the guidance and structure that will enable you to make the most out of your time working on one of today’s most pressing socio-economic issues in Nigeria. While there’s a lot of flexibility in Paradigm Initiative Nigeria's fast-paced working environment, you’ll generally be assigned to one (or more) of our key ICT policy areas.
We’re seeking quick learners capable of quickly wrapping their head around and analysing ICT Policy issues, and supporting the organization in the development and execution of these initiatives. As a part of our team, you can expect to:
- Gain experience and expertise in a specific ICT policy area
- Be mentored and trained by a member of our policy team
- Research, write, and edit policy briefs and position papers (with your name on them!)
- Prepare external and internal advocacy materials and write blog posts
- Attend and contribute to our team meetings
- Job TypeIntern
- Job LevelEntry Level / Trainees
- Job Field
- A successful applicant will have an interest in at least one ICT Policy area and have a passion to learn more about technology, human rights and socio-economic opportunities. Ideally, candidates should preferably be enrolled in a university (or a recent graduate) of law, political science, international relations or with a technology background.
- Being well organized, motivated, and reliable will also help your application, as will research and writing skills and fluency in a foreign language, but if you only speak English, that’s fine too.
- Interns will ideally work out of our amazing Abuja office.
- However, due to our love of the internet, we’re happy to talk virtually and applicants will be considered from locations worldwide.
Time Commitment and Considerations
- One full academic term (usually 3 months)
- Minimum of 30 hours per week
- Start date no later than June 2, 2014
- This is a paid internship
Method of Application
To apply, email your CV, a cover letter (explaining your interest in our work) and two references (ideally an academic and a professional reference) to email@example.com by 5pm on Wednesday, May 14, 2014. Please use "POLICY INTERN – [Your Name]" as the subject line.