The Strengthening Partnerships, Results, and Innovations in Nutrition Globally (SPRING) project focuses on the prevention of stunting and maternal and child anemia in the first 1,000 days. By providing state-of-the-art technical support, SPRING aims to strengthen country efforts to scale up high-impact nutrition practices and policies to improve maternal and child nutrition outcomes.
SPRING is funded by USAID under a five-year cooperative agreement. SPRING's experienced implementation team consists of experts from JSI Research and Training Institute, Inc., Helen Keller International, The International Food Policy Research Institute, Save the Children, and The Manoff Group.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager Nutrition/Fortification, the Program Assistant implements, monitors and evaluate HKI Nigeria’s Rainbow project in accordance with agreed protocols and policies.
- Provide technical assistance to and support implementation of the nutrition and awareness creation component of the Rainbow project in Benue and FCT
- Implement and monitor programs to support the scaling up of Orange Fleshed Sweetpotato (OFSP) at the state and local government levels
- Maintain regular communication with other state nutrition and agriculture program partners and participate in key relevant state and LGA level technical forums
- Facilitate program planning and review meetings on Orange fleshed Sweetpotato and Infant and Young Child Nutrition
- Collaborate with partners to develop IEC strategies and tools to support OFSP integration in IYCN
- Work closely with State Nutrition and Agriculture/ADP Officers to strengthen technical reporting in accordance with defined reporting schedule and program indiSPRINGcators.
- Track program progress using mutually agreed indicators, targets, and recommend remedial action to keep programs on course.
- Contribute to and support the maintenance of an updated data base of technical and program reports including site visits, monthly reports, quarterly and annual reports
- Support the establishment of OFSP farms by IYCF support group members
- Carry out additional tasks, as requested by the Program Manager Nutrition/Fortification or any other senior officer(s)
Key Performance Indicators:
- Successful implementation of the Rainbow Project in FCT and Benue States based on:
- Effective tracking and reporting of program indicators
- Integration of OFSP in IYCF support groups in the states
- Demonstrates technical knowledge pertaining to job requirement
- Able to work under pressure minimal supervision and able to meet up deadlines.
- Ability to use computer software such as Microsoft office, internet
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and a good team player.
- Demonstrated excellent personal integrity and confidentially
- Minimum of a first degree in Agriculture or Nutrition
- Advanced degree in public health or project management will be preferred, but not required.
Method of Application
Kindly foward your CV with a covering/application letter to email@example.com on or before 23rd May 2014. Any CV received after 5.00 p.m. on this day will not be considered, so is an email received without a subject or a CV received without a covering letter.
In addition, make the subject of the email, Program Assistant, Nutrition and Fortification.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.