If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, is a global investor and advisor committed to promoting projects in its developing member countries that are economically beneficial, financially and commercially sound, and environmentally and socially sustainable. IFC finances private sector investments, mobilizes capital in the international financial markets, helps clients improve social and environmental sustainability, and provides technical assistance and advice to governments and businesses in the developing world.
The Health and Education sector team is recruiting an Investment Analyst to be based in either its Nairobi/Lagos/Dakar office. The Investment Analyst will report to the IFC sector lead for Health and Education who is responsible for business development, project design, negotiation and subsequent supervision of the Corporation’s investment projects in the Health and Education sectors in Sub Saharan Africa. The primary responsibilities and overall profile required for this position are as given below:
Job #: 140490
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Stream: Agriculture & Rural Development
Duties and Accountabilities
- Conducting industry and market research and assisting IFC’s business development and portfolio management efforts in the Health and Education sectors in Sub Saharan Africa;
- Analyze and appraise all aspects of new investment proposals including financial, operational, commercial, legal, corporate governance, and environmental and social sustainability elements; and prepare investment recommendations where appropriate;
- Develop financial models and robust technical analyses to support credit decisions. Design products and structure potential IFC debt, equity, and quasi-equity investments;
- Actively participate in the structuring, negotiating and execution of deals in a leading or supporting role;
- Prepare investment review materials and presentation to investment committee to obtain approval. Negotiate in coordination with internal and external legal advisors the legal agreements and documentations of the transaction;
- Establish and maintain relationships with existing clients to ensure responsive client service and enhance new business opportunities and support portfolio supervision process including quarterly reviews;
- Preparation of quarterly supervision reports and periodic reviews of financial and other reports from clients. Track compliance of portfolio clients with reporting requirements, including monitoring the flow of financial statements and other reports, monitor development results; aggregate and analyze portfolio information data; coordinate communications with the necessary departments; monitor client compliance with their legal agreement with IFC. Propose courses of action in the event of non-compliance; Travel to visit and supervise investments in portfolio companies; and
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to increase the social development impact of new or portfolio projects.
- A bachelor degree or equivalent professional qualification/ experience.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and experience with managing, synthesizing, summarizing and presenting data.
- Investment experience in Sub Saharan Africa is preferred.
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to develop effective relationships within and outside IFC.
- Strong research and quantitative skills, with preference for a background in financial analysis and modeling.
- Strong client service orientation with openness to feedback and new ideas.
- Advanced excel skills and power point skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work flexibly on a range of assignments, cope with shifting priorities at short notice, and still deliver top quality work while meeting tight deadlines.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively in a multicultural setting.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.