KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is a leading medical Development Aid organization workiing in Global Tuberculosis (TB) Control. With our team of professionals including consultants, nurses and years both in the national and international context. KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is active in over 40 countries in Europe, Africa, Latin America and Asia.
KNCV in collaboration with CEPHEID HBDC is to provide a basic technical service package for a novel molecular test to detect tuberculosis (TB) via diagnostic technology endorsed by the World Health Organization called GeneXpert MTB/RIF. This technology is being scaled-up in the National TB program, National AIDS program and the national laboratory networks. This is a basic service provision thal includes installation, trouble-shooting and maintenance both remotely and on-site where the technology has been placed in Nigeria.
KNCV aims to achieve effective and efficient use of GeneXpert MTBiRIF machines by building capacity of both the end-users as well as with National TB and National AIDS programs.
Project Coordinator (Cepheid):
Key duties and responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in the Medical Sciences - MBBS/MB.Bch or Laboratory Sciences (an MPH would be an advantage) and a minimum of - 3 years' experience in TB or HIV programmes.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies
- Good working knowledge of current national and TB and HIV guidelines
- Ability to work with discretion and minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of Program management especially USAID
- Basic logistic and operational understanding of the supply chain and WHO-funded projects
- Good written and oral comrnunication skills
- Ability to organize and coordinate training program on GeneXpert MTB/RIF
- Good computer skiils
- Ability to multitask, with knowledge of various programme areas
- Ablity to work well on a team
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A contract for 12 months, with the intension to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues:
- The salary is dependent on education and relevant working experience:
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own International Employment Conditions Scheme:
- Full-time employment consists of 40 hours per week.
- Initial training on GeneXpert MTBIRIF service provision,
For further information on the position please contact Lucy or Nancy on: 070-63167049. For information on TBCARE/Program Management Unit (PMU) took at www.tbcta.org Your curriculum vitae with motivation letter should be sent by e-mail to TBCARE Nigeria at email@example.com on or before the 15th May, 2014 to the attention of Dr. Mustahpa Gidado, Country Representative under subject: Project Coordinator Cepheid. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified by email.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled.