Vacancy at Sea Trucks Group (STG)
Posted on: 8 May, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Sea Trucks Group (STG)
West African Ventures (WAV) is part of the Sea Trucks Group (STG). WAV manages the offshore operations of the company in NIgeria.
STG is an international group of companies offering marine services to the offshore Oil & Gas Industry worldwide. From offices in West Africa, Middle East, Europe, SE Asia and Australia the group offers its customers a wide range of services from sub-sea construction and SURF solutions to accommodation hook-up and fabrication supported by a multi-cultural workforce of more than 2,500 people.
We design, build and operate a modern fleet of DP-3 construction vessels which offers previously unavailable
versatility in offshore contracting. We combine this construction flexibility with a pro-active executing
approach and style of services our clients value. We do this in a straightforward and transparent manner.
Sea Trucks Group is constantly looking for new talent!
At Sea Trucks Group each individual gets the chance to deliver the difference, whilst experiencing the day to day dynamics of the exciting offshore and maritime industry. The rapid growth of Sea Trucks Group as an Offshore EPIC Contractor provides opportunities to grow, both professionally and personally, and numerous opportunities for your development and career path.
Working at Sea Trucks Group means working in an international environment and being part of an enthusiastic hard-working team. Sea Trucks Group is a company with direct communication lines and an informal and entrepreneurial culture. For more information, please visit www.seatrucksgroup.com.
- For the West African Ventures (WAV) office in Lagos, Nigeria, we are looking for a strong candidate to take on the position of Marine Fleet Superintendent.
- In this role you are responsible for managing and controlling the operations of the vessels/barges that you have been assigned.
- This includes maintaining good client relations, contractual matters and nautical matters.
- You report to the Operations Manager of the Marine Operations Department at WAV. The position is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Act as interface on all contractual, marine and nautical matters, and pro-actively developing of the Client relation.
- Ensure all vessels/barges assigned are operated to the Company’s and client Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that all reported deficiencies, non-conformities are cleared in a minimum of delay.
- Controls and monitors that assigned vessels / barges are ready for use and certified.
- Arrange for surveyors for OVID, appoints, arrange follow up at base and vessels / barges on surveyors arrival.
- Arrange for auditors intern/extern/client audits plans, follow up at base and vessels/barges are arranged on auditors arrival.
- Provide assistance as requested by other departments HR, HSE, TD, FIN, COM
- Assist on Tenders/Projects, stability calculations for fleet/projects, conversions units fleet, repairs
- Prepares and handles claims if applicable
- Instruct and directs Marine Coordinator(s) in the office, Port Captains at bases, administrators, agents, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Instructs and directs Masters of assigned vessels/barges and chartered tonnage
- Follows up on requests of Masters, Port Captains.
- Assists in maintaining, the OPS hard and soft filling system.
- Monitors HSE and ISM/ISPS of vessels/barges, charter tonnage
- Executes Operational visits to the vessels/barges, chartered tonnage
- Executes OPS audits for charter tonnage
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Master/Chief Officer in Maritime Offshore industry
- Knowledge of IMS systems with related documents and procedures
- Knowledge of HSEQ legislation and practices
- Familiar with OVID - Inspections
- Familiar with SOLAS – IMO
- Experience with client related inspections
- Experience with Operational Intern audits of Vessel and Barges
- Good knowledge of Navigation
- Seamanship – Anchor Handling – Towing – stability/lashing securing/load discharge
- Experience with vessel trails including DP 1-2 trails
- Knowledge of Shipbuilding and ship docking – drawings/work scopes
- Knowledge of Class Certification and Port State Control
- Ability to create procedures
- Pleasant disposition with the capability to be authoritative when necessary
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills in English Language.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Sea Trucks Group (STG)Similar Jobs
- Job Opening at a Leading Logistics Company - Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Job Opening at a Logistics Company - U Connect Human Resources Ltd
- Job Vacancies at a Shipping and Logistics Company - Virtuoso
- Transport and Logistics Manager at MoveMe.Com.Ng
- Commercial Manager (Expatriate) at a Leading Logistics Service Provider - Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Customer Service Executive at Damco Nigeria
- Job Opportunity at Damco Nigeria
- Accountant at CS Offshore Integrated Services Limited