FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:FTI) is a leading global provider of technology solutions for the energy industry. Named by FORTUNE® Magazine as the World's Most Admired Oil and Gas Equipment, Service Company in 2012, the Company has approximately 18,400 employees and operates 30 production facilities in 16 countries. FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
Finance and Accounting
- Works with broad discretion on assignments of varying levels of difficulty.
- Relies on experience and judgment to accomplish goals.
- Responsible for supervising and developing employees.
- Assist in overseeing the cost control systems,interprets cost trends and develops analysis to identify trends/issues.
- Monitors compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Monitors internal controls and update SOX process narratives as key controls change and/or business changes.
- Identifies management information needs, presents findings and makesrecommendations regarding appropriate actions.
- Reviews month end financial statements prior to submittal to controller.
- Monitors and reports where necessary multiple FMC Technologies Nigeria entities; Surface, Subsea, Headquarters,etc., financial reports.
- Reviews month end closing journal vouchers, schedules, FRS (internal financial statements), cost center reports, and other financial statements to look for abnormal trends/entries.
- Develop and implementaccounting systems, methods, procedures and internal controls.
- Ensure accounting staff are carrying out GL reconciliation timely and issues 90 days are documented properly.
- Reviews complex monthly, quarterly, and annual internal andexternal reports published to various groups.
- Participates in the compilation and analysis of the annual budget.
- Ensure department remains compliant with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and corporate financial policies and procedures.
- Search for opportunities to reduce operating costs and improve financial performance; such as working capital, controllable expenses.
- Assist operational management and other departments of the Company with financialstatement analysis and other inquiries. Provide formal financial training to other groups in the organization.
- Proactively review established accounting practices and procedures.
- Implement changes where applicable in order to enhance thedepartment’s efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Participates in project quote reviews for potential new business opportunities.
- Liaison for internal and external audits.
- Minimum MBA or M.Sc (Finance or Business), ACA or ACCA, B. SC in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or Economics
- Experience at a senior level in a major Accounting firm is a plus. A professional certification (e.g. ACA, ACCA)is preferred.
- Modern experience in business process creation/standardization to drive efficiencies throughout the organization.
- Minimum seven (8) years of related experience is required to have knowledge of finance, performancemeasurement and Accounting.
- A very high level of analytical ability is required due to the complexity of the job requirements.
- A high level of communication skills is required to interact with all levels of management, to lead teams and todirect the work of others.
- A substantial level of innovation is required to develop management tools, models, systems and processes
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale