Job Title: AGM/SM Organization Development & Programme Monitoring
Department: Office of the Chief Executive Officer
Location: Phase3 Telecom, Head Office Abuja.
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer.
The AGM/SM Organizational Development & Programme Monitoring (Office of the CEO) will be responsible for general organizational development matters, such as ensuring that departmental and functional structures and processes across the organization are sound and comply with the CEO’s expectations and strategic assumptions, particularly with regard to the efficacy of such structures and processes in terms of cost efficiency and speed of delivery on overall corporate objectives. Working on behalf of the CEO, the AGM/SM, ODPM interfaces with all departments and functions as a structured follow-up on CEO directives, as well as on agreed programmes of action, thus ensuring commitment to timely execution, while also carrying out work study to accelerate efficiencies in the system. Following from the continuous process of interface, AGM/SM ODPM will provide timely (daily, weekly,etc) reports and updates to the CEO on all vital issues of concern to the CEO. Generally, the role enables the CEO place his fingers in a timely and effective manner on the required buttons for effective actions, fulfilling the CEO’s increasing preoccupation with speed and proactive actions from all functions in the Phase3 organization.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. BUSINESS PROCESSES&STRUCTURES; CEO OFFICE BUSINESS SUPPORT
• In conjunction with line managers and others, analyzing, recording, developing organizational workflows and charts, structures and processes to continuously improve efficiencies in the Phase3 system, in line with the CEO’s concerns and priorities
• Provide support to the CEO and to various departments by developing and escalating formats, charts, workplans, etc which clarify sets and subsets of actions and timelines or schedules for usage and compliance across the organization
• Provide extensive senior-level support to enable improved functioning of the Office of the CEO in line with the increasing business volumes of Phase3 and the accompanying challenges of increased complexity in the operation of the CEO’s office.
• Ensure relevant business reports and quarterly reports on budget variances reach the CEO in a timely manner
2. COMMITMENT TO TIMELY EXECUTION (COMTEX)
• Ensure Commitment to Execution (COMTEX) by all parties on all agreed initiatives, actions, tasks, programmes, etc through constructive and supportive engagement with respective parties, and providing the CEO with accurate and objective update on status, overall aim being to accelerate action on key issues and CEO’s priorities.
• Take on CEO’s issued directives and follow up with respective departments and functions to assure timely implementation.
• Take on agreed programmes of action and carry out structured follow-up in the system to ensure that action parties actually take the required steps on such agreed tasks, and that they deliver on expected deliverables in line with agreed timelines and milestones – providing update to the CEO on status with regard to compliance or variance.
• Provide timely (as required – up-to-the-hour, daily, weekly, monthly, etc) feedback and update to the CEO on vital issues of concern, ensuring that such feedback and update are precise, uncluttered, methodical and structured, enabling CEO’s assimilation of relevant information with the least amount of pressure and distraction to the CEO, as he concentrates on broad strategic issues.
3. ORGANIZATION & METHODS (O&M), COST EFFICIENCY & SERVICE DELIVERY
• In collaboration with function stakeholders, carry out Organization and Methods analysis and work study, to ensure improved productivity and resource savings, using relevant tools, metrics, process steps and algorithms where needed, and generating quantitative data which clearly demonstrate success in productivity enhancement and cost-saving effort, as a credit to the line manager and staff where such improvements are achieved (this highlights an important business value to the enterprise with key lessons drawn for further application in the Phase3 organization).
• Monitor and assure the spread of cost-efficiencies, improved methods and service delivery optimization across the organization – working in collaboration with functional managers and staff to secure same, and providing the CEO updates and reports on the ‘wins’ collectively achieved with custodian line managers and staff.
• Minimum of a B.Sc./B.Eng./B.A.
• A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
• Minimum 10 years post graduate experience and at least 3 years’ experience in an Organizational Development & Program Monitoring role.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in managing and disseminating information.
• Analytical and competent with figures.
• Excellent communications skills, both written and oral, including management report writing skills.
• Good decision making skills
• Ability to manage time and work effectively under pressure while demonstrating apt attention to details.
• Ability to work without supervision and initiate tasks independently.
• Ability to employ initiative, perception and right judgement.
• Ability to foster good working relationship across board; with Directors, Heads of Department and all categories of Employees.
• Ability to work flexible hours when such needs arises
• Good degree of acceptability, dependability and self- reliance
Applicants who meets the above requirement should forward an application and CV in word attachment to email@example.com