Cuso International, an international volunteer development organization based in Cross River State, invites applicatlons for the post of Project Team Leader for the Youth leadership, Entrepreneurship, Access and Development (YouLead) project in Cross River State. YouLead supports the creation of youth led enterprises and employment for young women and men in natural resource sectors of forestry, agriculture, aquaculture and eco-tourism across 18 LGAs. Reporting to the YouLead Project Director, the Project 1eam leader is the key touieod senior staff responsible for leading the Project Team comprised of 5 program managers and support staff. The Project Team leader is accountable for the implementation of the project activities and the effective and efficient achievement of project objectives and outcomes.
FUNCTIONS and DUTIES
- Leads on the development and monitoring of the project annual work plan and project budget involving relevant Cuso International staff and key stakeholders.
- Leads on the implementation of the annual work plan in close coordination with the Project Team, the project partners and the Cuso International staff.
- Leads on the implementation and relationship with local partners.
- Supervises the design of a strong gender sensitive monitoring and evaluation system.
- Supervises the timely production cf quality reporting.
- Oversees the mobilisation and management of local and international volunteers.
- Recruits and manages the Project Team; supports effective Project Team collaboration, as well as couaaoraiiot: with Youlead partners and stokeholders, region only and globally as related to the Project.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in project staff, grant and financial management working with an international organization.
- International volunteer management experience is an asset.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in programming in natural resource and agricultural sectors and in youth entrepreneurship and secure livelihoods.
- Experience in working with the private sector in development programming. Experience in programming in eco-tourism is an asset.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills. Ability to be flexible as demands and priorities change.
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- A Bachelor's degree in a relevant field; Master's degree and/or relevant training in areas related to the project are assets.
Method of Application
Submission of Application: E-mail application consists of a letter explaining your interest and suitability for this position (one-page maximum) and a resume and should be submitted to: YouLead@cusointernational.org
Further information and a complete Job Description is available from: YouLead@cusointernational.org
The Government of Canada, through the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development, provides funding for the YouLead project
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale