VP serves as a community and launchpad for technology innovators solving some of the most challenging problems on the African continent. It is a carefully curated hub where tech-enthusiasts, freelancers, start-up entrepreneurs, and professionals on the go, who share common attitudes, interests, and goals, can meet, network and create.
We work closely with the entrepreneurs from a solution design, investment and operational standpoint, in order to bring innovative ideas from concept to reality. We support and invest in companies that have a great impact on our key sectors and fancy those who have solutions in other domains. We spend significant time with the incubates, to offer them a reach to our vast network, along this critical period in their startup life cycle.
Our Communications team at VP is growing and we are on the lookout for an amazing candidate who will play a key role in coordinating and managing the internal and external communication activities of Ventures Platform. The role will also be responsible for promoting and nurturing a thriving and vibrant community of Entrepreneurs by adopting series of engaging activities and events; initiating communications geared towards stimulating growth, value and overall profitability/engagement of the community.
- This role is accountable for leading the strategic development of communication plans and elevating the organization's corporate profile.
- Responsible for developing a consistent internal and external corporate brand messaging strategy that is reflected across all VP programs.
- Develops communications key messages and talking points and manages the implementation across all communications programs.
- Assist with strategic communication requirements for executive, including presentation storyboards and deck designs, interview talking points and speech writing.
- Provide communication support across the entire VP Directorates & VP Fund
- Create content which is super focused on making VP a thought leader in tech entrepreneurship and early-stage investing in Africa.
Generate regular content that highlights the achievements of portfolio companies.
Design, proofread and revise communications to be published through all the company’s communication channels.
Creating and supporting the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films, and multimedia programs.
Web and Social Media Management
- Maintaining and updating information on the organization’s website, scheduling and publishing contents on the social media platforms.
- Drive growth of social media followership and engagement.
Public relations and community building
- Build strong relationships with press locally and internationally to ensure VP and its portfolio companies continuously get positive media coverage.
Write press releases for announcements and ensure distribution among appropriate media contacts.
Carry out community building and advocacy efforts both online and offline.
Responsible for aggressively growing usage and engagement of VP online forum.
Skills & Requirements
- An in-depth knowledge of corporate communications and public relations within a business-to-business/customers and, or business-to-government communications industry((preferably in the technology industry).
- Experience providing creative and art direction to designers to achieve corporate initiatives.
- Experience working within a public company and promoting the organization globally.
- Strong organization and time management skills that enable the employee to prioritize and manage a high volume of detailed work with conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate routine and accelerated work requests with suppliers and manage internal corporate expectations.
- Immense personal initiative is required to anticipate requests before they are received.
- A positive and professional team player attitude that works well under pressure and is flexible and responsible.
- Attention to detail and a good head for numbers.
- A robust understanding of the tech ecosystem.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel), and online communications tools (WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or a related field.
- 2-3 years professional experience in business-to-business/customer and, or business-to-government communications (preferably in the technology industry).
- Experience in managing programs, with a "roll up the sleeves and get it done" approach. Must be able to work independently.
- 2-3 years experience in a corporate or marketing communications role within the communications industry.
- Minimum 3 years experience managing communications resources, including internal and external relationships, vendors and agencies.
- Proven experience with strategic planning, messaging strategy, corporate communications, public relations, brand development, content development, writing, web and social media, project management, presentation development, vendor/agency management, budget management, presentation development.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time (including international travel).
- Proven experience in working with senior-level executives
- Must provide the following professional references as applicable:
- previous supervisor(s),
- previous direct report(s) (if applicable),
- and previous vendor(s) and/or client(s).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Ventures Platform career website on emp.jobylon.com to apply