Head, Risk Management at AXA Mansard Pensions Limited
Posted on: 12 February, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at AXA Mansard Pensions
AXA Mansard is a member of the AXA Group, the worldwide leader in insurance and asset management with 157,000 employees serving 103 million clients in 59 countries. The group is a conglomerate of independently run businesses, operated according to the laws and regulations of many different countries. Despite being written in upper case, "AXA" is not an acronym, the name was chosen because it is short and can be pronounced easily the same way in every language.
AXA Mansard was incorporated in 1989 as a private limited liability company and is registered as a composite company with the National Insurance Commission of Nigeria (NAICOM). The Company offers life and non-life insurance products and services to individuals and institutions across Nigeria whilst also offering asset/investment management services, medical insurance solutions and pension fund administration through its three subsidiaries AXA Mansard Health Limited, AXA Mansard Investments Limited and AXA Mansard Pensions limited. The company was listed on the Nigeria Stock Exchange in November 2009 and has Market Capitalization in excess of N28 billion thereby remaining the biggest insurance company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
- Oversee the design and implementation of enterprise risk management and control framework that is in line with best practice and compliant with regulatory standards.
- To effectively identify, mitigate and monitor principal business risks arising from business operations and strategic environment.
- To ensure that the risk management and governance policies, processes and procedures of the business are adequate, effective and complied with at all times
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities neral
- Participate in the development of the company’s overall strategic goals and ensure that these are cascaded to the various units within the Risk Department.
- Champion the development and implementation of the Unit’s strategy ensuring alignment with the corporate strategy and business goals.
- Oversee the preparation of the Unit’s annual budget and monitor its implementation.
- Provide guidance, leadership support and strategic direction in the execution of the Unit’s functions.
- Continually review and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the Unit’s policies, procedures and processes and identify improvement opportunities.
- Assist the management in communicating the risk management policies, risk appetite and risk limits across the organization.
- Possess an intimate knowledge of internal business processes and the organization's industry.
- Champion the definition of the organization’s overall risk strategy and oversee the implementation of the risk solutions that help optimize operations.
- Oversee the continuous review of the risks facing the business in order to proactively establish appropriate mitigating controls and monitoring mechanism/ framework.
- Oversee the identification of risks, their short and long-term implications and advise management accordingly.
- Ensure prompt reporting of risk positions and provide advice on possible resolution of critical issues.
- Work closely with all business units and divisions to establish, maintain and continuously improve risk management capabilities.
- Champion the development and implementation of a business continuity plan and disaster recovery processes for the business.
- Champion the continual review and update of policies, guidelines and practices, in line with changes in the company’s risk appetite and business priorities.
- Ensure adequate processes for the identification and monitoring of risks attached to every transaction, and proffer relevant mitigating factors to minimize the risk.
- Exhibit business process knowledge, a broad-based operational perspective and provide solutions for related business risk issues.
- Oversee the implementation of controls to ensure that the business risks are properly classified, recorded and monitored.
- Establish, communicate and facilitate the use of appropriate risk methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Monitoring the firm’s compliance with regulatory and statutory provisions regarding risk management.
- Reports findings on risk exposures to the Chief Executive Officer, and the Board Risk Management Committee.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of 10 years post-qualification experience, of which 8 should be in financial services, and 4 in a managerial capacity.
- Deep understanding of risk management and compliance trends in the local and international financial services industry.
- Good understanding of accounting principles and audit standards, procedures, and techniques.
- Excellent understanding of the financial services landscape and inherent risks in non-bank financial services industry.
- Good knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AXA Mansard PensionsSimilar Jobs
- Latest Jobs at Ultimus Holdings
- Fresh Jobs at UK-Dion Investment Limited
- Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) Tech Academy 2019
- IT Solutions Developer at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Direct Sales Agent at Norrenberger Financial Group
- Data Analyst (R - Programming Skills) at AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited
- Latest Jobs at Altara Credit Limited
- Latest Jobs at PecanTrust Microfinance Bank Limited