Announcement Number: Lagos-2019-006
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+1
Series/Grade: LE - 0710 5
Promotion Potential: LE-5
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: All Interested Applicants / All Sources. Note: EFMS have been expressly prohibited from applying for SD positions since 2008, Due to the unique nature of the job, PER 08 STATE 5302.
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- Summary: The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
Basic Function of the Position:
- The incumbent is responsible for the compilation of individual reports from Surveillance Detection Unit (SDU) personnel and other sources at the U.S. Mission in a standard format.
- This includes input of suspicious incident reports, images, and investigative material into an information systems database, retrieving/extracting reports of data, reviewing data to identity trends, patterns, circumstances, frequency of events, bookkeeping/inventory and preparing analysis documents for the Regional Security Office (RSO).
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years of military, police, or private experience in the field of security or statistical analysis is required.
- Job Knowledge: Knowledge of surveillance techniques is required. Awareness of cultural norms and customs is required.
- Completion of Secondary School or high school diploma
Evaluations - This may be tested:
- Language: Level III (Good working knowledge) Reading/Writing/Speaking English is required.
- Skills and Abilities: Ability to analyze and organize a variety of data and write coherent and concise reports is required. Basic computer and keyboard skills with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Suite are required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights**
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
NGN3,372,091 - NGN3,372,091 per annum.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Residency and/or Work Permit (if applicable)
- Secondary School certificate.
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria.
For More Info: HR Section, Tel: 01-461-4000, email: HRNigeria@state.gov
Interested and qualified? Go to US Embassy on erajobs.state.gov