Caseworker at Gender Equality, Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC)
Posted on: 11 February, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Gender Equality, Peace and Develo
Gender Equality, Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC) is a non governmental, non-partisan, non-religious and not-for-profit organization whose goal is the “promotion of gender equality, Peace and sustainable development in Nigeria”.
- The Child Protection Case Worker has responsibility to initiate, oversee and support the implementation of child protection strategies and activities at the camp/community level.
- The CP Case Worker will be responsible for implementing the work of and providing guidance to the Community on Child Protection activities.
- Represent GEPADC/SCI in the field, with professionalism, honesty and commitment
- Interview potential CP cases documenting interview prior to referral to relevant service providers.
- Implement program objectives, strategies and activities in agreement with local customs
- Identify child protection cases for assessments, home visits and follow-ups
- Assist the Child Protection officer in carrying out interviews with children.
- Filling in the relevant monitoring tools for the individual cases management of the of UASC and other vulnerable children accordingly
- Identify high priority cases requiring referrals and report to CP officer as they arise for necessary referral
- Facilitate the implementation of a mobilization strategy for community structures and target beneficiaries
- Mobilize community structures as required
- Participate in training courses and meetings for the community structures and fill the relevant monitoring tools
- Attend camp/community level staff and planning meetings monthly
- Give information to the beneficiaries on the services provided by GEPADC or donor agencies
- Facilitate the setup of Foster parents and referral systems to respond to protection issues
- Comply with all relevant save the children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety and other relevant policies
- Perform any other duties that will be assigned by the supervisor
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Gender Equality, Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC) career website on docs.google.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Gender Equality, Peace and Development Centre (GEP...Similar Jobs
- Public Information Officer (TJO) at the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA)
- Field Assistant at the International Medical Corps (IMC)
- Finance Officer at Oxfam Nigeria
- Grant Officer at Education Development Center (EDC/NEI Plus Project)
- Logistics Supervisor at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
- Social Mobilization Consultant at Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria
- Fresh Vacancies at Save the Children
- Job Opportunities at Heartland Alliance International (HAI)