Senior HSE Engineer at Subsea 7
Posted on: 11 February, 2019
Deadline: 29 March, 2019
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Subsea 7
Subsea 7 is a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry. We provide cost-effective technical solutions to enable the delivery of complex projects in all water depths and challenging environments.
Vacancy ref: 60896
Job Band : H
Business area: Surf and Conventional
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Contract type: Staff
Languages in which you may apply: English
Date : As Soon As Possible
Description of Role
- The Senior HSE Engineer acts as the focal point for designated Project HSE matters. He/she will provides a support function to project management, ensuring adequate HSE input and provide a mentoring role for less experienced HSE Advisors.
Generic Key Responsibilities & Activities:
- Lead a positive HSE culture and behaviour across Nigerstar 7 and particularly within their sphere of influence
- Champion the Nigerstar 7 Critical Safety Behaviours Programme, setting the tone and leading by example
- Responsible for the efficient, timely, accurate and cost effective management and delivery of the function's activities within the designated area of responsibility
- Supports project leadership in implementing the management system
- Responsible for the co-ordination, preparation and delivery of the Project HSE Plan
- Supervises, co-ordinates and monitors HSE performance on projects
- Assists project management team(s) in defining its HSE resource requirements
- Ensure HSEQ capitalises from Lessons Learned and is performed in accordance with best practice, striving to mitigate risk, promoting safety and integrity consistently
- Identifies and co-ordinates worksite deployed HSE personnel
- Engineering degree or equivalent with 7-10years experience in both Offshore and Onshore environment and 3+ years as a member of an offshore project team in a Leading HSE role.
- A broad range of subsea operations knowledge
- Should have a proven track record of successfully managing and delivering key HSE projects on time, within scope with end-to-end accountability.
- Ideally a strategic thinker with a sense of good judgment.
- Able to deal with multiple, often conflicting goals and priorities.
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships with leaders as well as team members.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
Minimum Required Experience:
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Bachelor's Degree/HND in Engineering
- Minimum of NEBOSH International General Certificate. Holders of NEBOSH International Diploma or its equivalent (Level 6 Occupational Health & Safety Diploma) will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Subsea 7 career website on careers.subsea7.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Subsea 7Similar Jobs
- Job Openings at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Fleet Officer at ENYO Retail & Supply Limited
- Well Service Workshop Technician at Weatherford Nigeria
- Field Service Manager - Wireline and Perf at Halliburton Energy Services Nigeria Limited
- Jobs at SellaField Energy Resources Limited
- Graduate and Experienced Recruitment at ExxonMobil
- Metering Support Engineer at WTS Energy
- Job Openings at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited