General Manager - Demand & Supply at Olam Nigeria
Posted on: 11 February, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Olam Nigeria Limited
Olam Nigeria is a leading company in the Agricultural and Packaged Foods sector in Nigeria and has been the leading exporter in Nigeria's non-oil sector in the last several years.
At Olam manufacturing has become an essential part of our growth story & Manufacturing, Innovation & Procurement Services (MIPS) as a function plays a critical role globally. MIPS manages a network of 210 manufacturing plants and 2 Development centers across 10 Business units in 19 countries.
Reference Code: EXOL-NG-50024274-01001054-1
Contract Type: Permanent
Employment Fraction: Full-time
Functional Area: Supply Chain Management
- The Packaged Foods Business is centered around West Africa and now has 8 Manufacturing Plants across 6 product categories - Tomato Paste, Seasonings, Instant Noodles, Biscuits, Beverages, and Sweets & Candies.
- The planning manager will have the responsibility to establish a professional planning function across all PFB operation with the adequate organisation, clear roles & responsibilities, planning processes and KPIs to drive accuracy.
- Develop planning policies including inventory policy, and categorization of finished goods and raw and packaging material and align with the system integration.
- Manage stock levels within agreed policy levels for material and finished goods
- Manage the demand planning process for all the appropriate categories; focusing on eliminating bias and improving forecast accuracy.
- Production planning taking account of demand planning, supply chain policy, capacity limitations, and other production constraints
- Materials requirement Planning. Create and maintain the materials requirement plan. Establish material safety stock and reorder levels with accurate lead times. Implement stock plans to achieve stock targets on materials and finished goods.
- Master Production Scheduling
- Distribution requirement planning / replenishment
- Evaluate risks and opportunities creating contingencies and making decisions
- Capacity management planning
- Drive business planning, and in particular, the annual volume planning process which includes interfacing closely with sales, Marketing and finance to ensure timeous delivery.
- Support innovation teams in launching new products
- Develop and train the Demand planners and supply planners across all operations
- Lead ERP projects, integration of SAP MRP. Establish MRP, MPS, and capacity planning processes and align with the system integration
- S&OP lead by Head of Planning
- Complexity Management - regularly review SKU portfolio
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in supply chain in Leading Global Agri-Manufacturing/FMCG/ Consumer companies with positions covering Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Stock Management and Primary Distribution.
- Experience of Lean, Six Sigma and/or TPM strongly preferred.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Olam Nigeria Limited career website on career.olamconnect.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Olam Nigeria LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Executive Assistant at Change Partners International
- Job Openings at Plan International
- Security Officer at Terre des hommes (Tdh)
- Consultant II, Capacity Building at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Program Assistant at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Job Vacancies at Action Against Hunger
- Latest Vacancies at International Medical Corps
- Head of Finance & Administration at Oxfam