Mobilising for Development (M4D) is a multi-year, DFID programme, working in three states in Northern Nigeria (Jigawa, Kano and Kaduna) to strengthen governance, service delivery and inclusion working with communities and local and state governance structures. We are seeking a Deputy Team Leader to work on this pioneering and exciting programme. The post-holder will work at the forefront of innovation, liaising with local governance institutions and stakeholders around service delivery and accountability.
- The Deputy Team Leader will support the day to day running of the programme, providing guidance and supervision for all members of the M4D team.
- While reporting to the Team Leader, the post-holder will: assist the Team Leader to monitor and provide guidance as needed to ensure targets are met and delivered , s/he will liaise closely with the Head of Finance and Administration to ensure that the programme is delivered on budget and will work to ensure programme management policies are implemented to help meet these and related objectives.
- The Deputy Team Leader will effectively communicate with DFID and participate in the writing of reports and overseeing financial reporting
About the Programme
- M4D works in three states (Kaduna, Kano, Jigawa), in nine Local Government Areas and promotes the involvement of communities (including excluded groups, especially girls and people with disabilities) in decision making processes supporting policy makers and service providers to be more responsive and accountable, while innovating new and ‘better-fit’ models of service delivery and accountability.
- The Deputy Team Leader will support state and local teams to build effective working relationships with local Government and other relevant stakeholders.
- The post-holder will support the Team Leader to represent the M4D programme. For more information about the programme, please see our website at www.mobilisingfordevelopment.org
- The ideal candidate have ten years’+ experience of working in a managerial role with experience of developing relationships at national, local government and community level and will have a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- The preferred candidate will have a sound grasp of programme management experience and frameworks (including the logical framework).
- The candidate will be familiar with the development and implementation of administrative and financial policies and procedures (including value for money principles) and ideally have experience of working in Northern Nigeria with a working knowledge of Hausa.
APPLICATIONS NOT MEETING THIS CRITERIA WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Method of Application
Applicants must submit a cover letter, explaining why they are suitable for the role, and an up to date CV of no more than 3 pages. Applicants should apply via the GRM International website www.grminternational.com/jobs
The closing date for applications is Monday 19th May 2014
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale