AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited is a member of an international network of Microfinance Banks under Access Holding Microfinance AG(www.accessholding.com), with its Head office in Berlin, Germany.
The Group provides world class banking services to micro, small and medium enterprises and private individuals in Africa and Asia. It has been spreading out to other countries across the globe rapidly.
Ref Code: APO/IS/JAN/2019
- Assessing, validating and evaluating the Institutions’ Information System processes, people and technologies; by identifying and appraising risks in the IT processes while recommending solutions to potential and actual security vulnerabilities.
Performing Information Systems Audit assignments of the AccessHolding Network Banks within the approved IT Hub Annual Audit Plan to ensure compliance of the Banks’ operations with External Legislation and Regulatory Policies and adherence to the Banks’ approved organizational Policies and Procedures and to improve the effectiveness of the running of the bank and its internal control system. This includes;
- Proactive alignment with the IT audit scope and annual auditing cycles and plans.
- Preparation and review of pre audit documentation
- Perform full risk and compliance audit reviews, over controls related to effectiveness, efficiency and Security of IT operations'; using applicable standards and regulations.
- Evaluate control environment as it relates to emerging information technology trends (cloud computing, social media, BYOD, etc.)
- Evaluate information system design and implementation processes against project management and system development life cycles
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate documentation, reports, data, flowcharts etc. for IT processes such as system development, IT security management and IT operations.
- Ensure that IT Audits are performed in line with established professional and regulatory standards.
- Create and undertake IT-business audit risk assessments; develop and execute IT audits within specified implementation duration; discuss results with Management and provides guidance on control issues and concerns.
- Prepare and present findings to the Management and Stakeholders of the Auditee, prepare IT Audit reports and IT Audit processes & procedures.
- Adequately document and summarize findings, recommendations and action plans in an audit report; reaches consensus on findings and recommendations with IT and business management; presents reports to audit management, business management and the Audit Committee.
- Prepares and submits requested documentation and reports for external audits and regulatory examinations.
- Ensure that management responses are received in a timely fashion, and are in line with recommendations, and have a reasonable estimated completion date.
- Performs follow-up consultation on resolution of key issues
- Serve as a department resource for questions and guidance on technical matters; extracts and provides data to other auditors for analysis.
- Developing / review of working papers and draft IT report as produced by the Juniors
- Assist in the on-the-job training of junior IS Auditors. Also assist in preparing and presenting assigned material for in-house training programs.
Necessary Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum educational qualification: B.Sc. / HND in any related discipline with cognate experience
- General IT work experience of 3yrs in a regulated environment, preferably a Bank or financial Institution.
- Ability to use one or more development language (C++, PHP, HTML, etc.)
- Technical Proficiency: Development of Programming
- Advanced Knowledge in Programming languages: Java, C++, Visual Basic, .NET and or PHP.
- Composite knowledge in mobile application development and deployment
- Adequate understanding of SDLC and Software TIP-TIM (Transfer into Production), (Transfer into Maintenance)
- Basic understanding of AGILE and SCRUM approach
- Technical Proficiency: Application Management
- Basic Knowledge in Application maintenance and user management
- Audit experience and high technological proficiency in front end and back end Authentication, Access management, vulnerability assessment and application Logging.
- Composite Knowledge in Linux operating environments; understanding of application setup and installation basics.
- Working knowledge of industry recognized auditing standards, such as Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards and Guidelines and ISACA IS Audit and Assurance Standards and Guidelines. (IIA; ISACA; ISO 27001).
- High degree of process understanding as well as profound knowledge/willingness to develop in the areas of Banking and finance products, digital finance and digital channel management
- Insight into Banking laws and are willing to become acquainted with local specific Banking laws, standard banking requirements as well as IT banking systems.
- Basic understanding in project management and organization skills with high attention to detail.
- Inquisitive, critical thinker with business risk awareness, professional skepticism, and sound judgment.
- Ability to research, assimilate information from both IT and business functions, apply strong problem solving and analytical skills, and influence issue resolution.
- Good communication and interaction capability (Excellent written and verbal communication, interviewing, and presentation skills – proficiency in English)
- Willingness to travel up to 50% to Audit locations outside Nigeria
go to method of application »
- Responsible for the usage of statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business reports using Microsoft office tools
- Scorecard Data Monitoring and reporting
- Analyze data in support of business cases and proposed projects by departmental managers.
- Identify and interpret patterns and trends, assess data quality and eliminate irrelevant data.
- Communicates the results of the analysis as a comprehensive report to decision makers and others affected by the results.
- Designs the report and includes tools that can help those involved easily digest the data, such as statistics, graphs, images and lists.
- Advice on the best methods to collect, analyze and manage data to improve data quality and the efficiency of data systems.
- Analyze data for customer segmentation
- Perform Gap Analysis on a quarterly basis on business processes which is has a great influence on data.
- Prepare, deliver reports, and provide recommendations of alternatives that address existing or potential trouble arears in the business.
- Contribute in diverse ways to the improvement and growth of the Company. Collaborate with departmental managers to outline the specific data needs for each business method analysis project
Necessary experience and knowledge:
- Minimum education qualification of B.Sc. / HND in Statistics or Mathematics
- Minimum of 2 years data mining experience
- Expert Knowledge of Microsoft Office especially with R – Programming, Excel, power point, Power BI, SPSS etc.
- Excellent Analytical Skills
- Communication Skills
- Attention to details
- Good presentation skills
Desired Technical Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel with emphasis on:
- Functions and Formulas (including V-look up, H-look up, Sum IF etc.)
- Extensive practical knowledge of Pivot Tables to analyse big data
- Data Validation
- Data Storage and Security
- Dash Board Creation
- Presenting bulk data in graphs and charts in a clear manner
- Excellent analytical capabilities , ability to draw conclusions from analysed data
- Knowledge of SQL
- Ability to write basic SQL queue
- Knowledge of Common Data Sources
- Knowledge of SQL Server Databases
- Knowledge of SQL Server OLAP, dimensions, Fact Tables etc.
- ·Advanced Power Point knowledge (transparent illustration of quantified data)
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV as an attachment and make the position subject of the mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org