Ekiti State University Ado Ekiti, hereby announces that the position of Librarian will be vacant from 1st May, 2019. Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
The University Librarian, who is a Principal Officer in the University is the Chief Library Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration of the University's Central Library which:
- Houses a rich repository of publications ordinance (P.O) Materials
- Has a digitalization chamber' where rare collections, manuscripts are processed for preservation and optimum accessibility
- Has online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) that is web-based and can be remotely accessed anywhere anytime as long as there is internet connectivity
- Coordinates the activities of mini-libraries based in faculties and departments
- Plays a critical role in the implementation of the vision and mission of the Ekiti State University, a foremost citadel of learning in Nigeria.
- The University Librarian is also responsible for the coordination of Library services in the University generally as well as its College of Medicine, faculties/institutes and the College of Postgraduates Studies.
- Candidate for the post of University Librarian must possess good honours degree plus professional qualification in Librarianship. Doctorate Degree (PhD) and membership of relevant professional bodies are pre-requisites.
- Candidate must also show evidence of considerable scholarship and thorough understanding of the application of new technologies to library operations and services. Cornpur literacy and application of TCT in library services is an essential requirement.
- In addition, candidate must show sufficient evidence of contribution to knowledge through research and scholarly publications in reputable peer reviewed and referred journals within and outside Nigeria competence in job planning, organisation and highly visionary and strategic thinking, strong team building ability and good leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience. At least ten (10) of the fifteen years must have been at top leadership position in a recognised University and must have served as Deputy Librarian for at least five (5) years.
Terms of Appointment
- Appointment is for a period of five years effective from the date of the appointment and based on other terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- The salary is as applicable to similar positions in Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Hard copy of the applications, which should be submitted to the Registrar with copies of credentials to include 30 copies of candidates Curriculum Vitae reflecting the following:
- Post Being Sought
- Name in Full
- Place and Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Present Postal Address
- Telephone numbers preferably mobile phones
- E-mail Address
- Marital Status
- State of Origin
- LGA of Origin
- Name and Ages of Children
- Secondary and Post Secondary Education including Dates and Institute
- Academic and Professional Qualification including dates and present post
- Statement of Experience including details of former and present post
- Other activities outside current employment
- The names and addresses of three referees
- Proposed date of availability for duties, if appointed
In addition to stating the names and addresses of three Referees, applicants should request their Referees to forward reference on their behalf directly to:
Ekiti State University,
Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State,
P.M.B 5363, Ado Ekiti,
The Position being sought should be indicated on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
Applications and CV (Single-line spacing 12 point Time New Roman) should be sent in Microsoft Word Format through e-mail attachment to: email@example.com The post applied for should be indicated on the statement line of the email.
- All applications must be submitted in both electronic and hard copies
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.