Challenging Careers at Water Aid
Posted on: 2 May, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at WaterAid
WaterAid is a UK registered international charity dedicated to the provision of safe water, sanitation and hygiene to the world’s poorest people. We support local organisations to manage low cost, sustainable projects and also provide policy support to secure the right of poor people to safe water and sanitation services.
To effectively implement our country strategy, WaterAid Nigeria invites applications from qualified candidates to fill an exciting opportunity as State Programme Consultants –Plateau and Bauchi states.
These full time roles would be for an initial fixed term of one year and may be open for renewal for a second year based on performance and continued donor funding.
The successful candidates will be based in Plateau and Bauchi states and would be required to travel frequently to local governments within the states to support our communities and occasionally to Abuja.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Take responsibility for providing required support to the state partners and stakeholders to achieve WaterAid’s strategic priorities and activities in the state programme plan.
- Ensure that all strategic country themes are harmoniously integrated into partner and stakeholder programmes.
- Support implementing partners in the development and implementation of annual plans in line with multi-year plans and budgets and the country strategy.
- In collaboration with the leadership of partner organisations, identify key process weaknesses and capacity gaps with potential to hinder effective delivery of quality programmes. Suggest remedial action to the Programme Support Coordinator for implementation.
- Track the progress of state partners’ activities to agreed annual plans. Advise partner organisations’ leadership on programme performance trends and implications for the achievement of plans/targets.
- Support the timely collation of field data required by the Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Compliance Unit to enforce implementation standards and timely delivery of programme work by partners.
- The ideal candidate will at a minimum possess a university degree in the physical or social sciences (or other relevant field).
- Possession of a Masters degree in any of these areas will be an added advantage.
- You will also possess at least four years post-graduation experience, and at least three of the years of experience must be in an NGO type development programme management setting.
- Demonstrable experience of project report writing and managing relationships with multiple levels of development project stakeholders, including community-level stakeholders; donors; government officials etc, will be expected.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) sector approaches will be an advantage.
Method of Application
WaterAid is an equal opportunity employer; women and people with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply. We offer very competitive salaries and benefits and wonderful opportunities for learning and development.
Interested and suitably qualified candidate should click here to download an application form and then mail your completed application from to email@example.com
Please note that only applications submitted on WaterAid’s standard application form will be considered. Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements need not apply.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about WaterAidSimilar Jobs
- Graduate Case Monitors at Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS)
- TA WASH Officer, NOB at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Job Openings at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Communications Advisor at Cuso International
- Job at Biodiversity Preservation Center (BPC)
- Human Resources Country Manager at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Job Vacancies at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Advocacy and Communications Officer at Action Against Hunger | AAH-International