Technical Support Manager at Siemens Nigeria
Posted on: 1 February, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Siemens
Siemens, is an Integrated Technology Company. The business activities of our Energy, Health care, Industry and Infrastructure & Cities Sectors have enabled us to capture leading market and technology positions worldwide. Technological excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and international focus have been our hallmarks for 165 years, making us strong and linking us to our shareholders, employees and customers as a partner of trust.
Job ID: 98891
Job Family: Customer Services
Job Type: Full-time
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
About the Role
- The Technical Support Manager will have accountability for managing service requests, as well as generating and evaluating solutions.
- You will own the service restoration plan for unavailable units as well as recording Product and Service issues for further improvements. This period includes Operation and Maintenance.
- You will monitor, measure, report and communicate on performance to deliver service whilst supporting the identification of new problems which may impact the Fleet Operational Plan.
- Knowledge of a broad range of business functions and practices and able to work across the business functions to deliver solutions (e.g. Working across the Regional teams, the 3 PCCs' FSR community, Engineering team, OSDs and Procurement departments amongst others).
- The Technical Support Manager for Services Business will have strategic accountability for the technical requirements of the Nigeria customer base. You will be required to lead the Customer Technical Services strategy and resources to maximize Customer satisfaction. You will be accountable for the team's technical competencies to meet customer requirements and national regulations.
- You will provide direction and leadership for resolution of customer issues and be the senior point of escalation in technical support. You will also provide direction and leadership in support of new product introduction and will manage a multi skilled-shared service team to resolve customer issues and effectively manage the "in service" customer relationships
- The Technical Support Manager for Services Business is responsible for understanding the customer's technical challenges and providing solutions in conjunction with the Heads of the 3 main functions (Sales, Field Service & Fleet Operations) and the 3 Product Lines/PCCs (TCP, IGT and AGT); define, develop and programme manage solutions to customer's technical problems.
- The Technical Support Manager for the Services Business will act as the technical authority for PS DO Nigeria with ownership and responsibility for compliance of the relevant PS DO technical processes.
- Investigation of warranty claims to mitigate costs to a minimum by technical evaluation and risk management of any issue that may arise.
What do I need to qualify?
- 10 years post NYSC experience; Product Knowledge, University Degree and Knowledge of Engineering, Operations/delivery/management; Industry knowledge; basic financial skills
- Experienced in Oil & Gas and Power generation industry. Worked within a range of business functions and knowledge of how these operates
- People Management (Customers, Suppliers, Managers, Colleagues and Team members)
- Communication (verbal & written)
- Experience of leading teams of employees and managing budgets.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Siemens career website on jobs.siemens-info.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about SiemensSimilar Jobs
- IT Tech Support at 9NL LTD
- Analyst, Customer Value Management - Commercial at MTN Nigeria
- Sales Team Leader at Infobip Nigeria
- Job Opportunities at Netcom
- Job Openings at Transsion Holdings
- Front Desk/Admin Officer at Zercom Systems Nigeria Limited
- Telecoms Sales Specialist/Manager at PG Consulting Limited
- Latest Jobs at Carlcare Development Nigeria Limited