Travel Desk Officer at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Posted on: 2 May, 2014
Deadline: 14 May, 2014
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Stanbic IBTC
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Work with Standard Bank and join a dynamic team of professionals proud to be voted the Best Bank in Africa for three years running. Our core values of service and innovation are at the heart of our business, and our global workforce benefits from our unique culture of empowerment and independence, enabling us to maintain competitive advantage in the world’s premier financial markets
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job ID: 12618
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Responsible for contributing to and continually improving an efficient and cost-effective process designed to assist staff in their travel in compliance with the bank’s policies and government regulations.
As a contributing member of the travel desk team, must be committed to the common purpose, performance goals and approach for which team members hold themselves mutually accountable. Performance evaluation is based on a combination of team success and individual accomplishment.
- Assist in arranging domestic and international staff travels bookings, hotel reservation
- Assist in visa procurement, transfer and protocol arrangements
- Ensure efficient and prompt services are delivered to both external and internal customers
- Able to handle quick and last minute changes and organize things properly.
- Keep adequate record on expense on visa application and tickets
- Accurate processing of invoices and prompt payment to service providers
- Carry out all other duties assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum first degree in the social sciences/numerical discipline.
- Airline operations knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Computer literacy
- 1 to 3 years working experience in the ticketing & reservation industry.
- Working knowledge of Business Travel policies and procedures, preferably in financial institutions.
- Expedite costs, and cancellation costs
- Resolve supplier payment issues with suppliers
- Continuous Improvement/Training
- Collaborate with peers and management to determine key goals and objectives, and corresponding metrics, to be completed during a determined period (usually one year). Review and amend these actions as appropriate. Focus on timely achievement of these goals and objectives.
- Improve internal customer satisfaction
- Create new and revise existing travel processes to accomplish best-practice
- Record Management - Perform clerical duties to maintain travel desk files
- Comply with Procurement and Travel Desk procedures
- Be prepared to work some extended hours, when necessary, to complete a task
- Be able to work in a team environment and demonstrate support of teamwork, cooperation, respect, and integrity.
- Required to follow laid-down policies and procedures at all times. Sound recall of procedures and previous experiences is required.
- Most common issues dealt with involve assessment of financial transactions to identify whether all the necessary conditions have been met.
- Refer problems falling outside parameters to the team leader for resolution.
- Able to take the initiative within sphere of job function
- Planning is generally on a daily basis within regular activity cycles.
- Able to deal efficiently with work volumes while remaining focused on critical issues.
- Quick decision making in line with laid down procedures to find solutions to problems presented.
- Monitor changes in operating environment and act quickly on potential opportunities.
- Motivated person who can work in a pressured environment; ability to work without too much guidance required
- Ability to respond to needs quickly
- Time management skills.
- Must be a motivated and outgoing team player.
- Ability to multitask
- Accurate, methodical and organized
- Confident and committed
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Articulate, dependable and cooperative
Key Performance Measures
- Ability to take initiative and work under minimal supervision
- Must possess good listening and analytical skills
- Excellent working knowledge of computer applications, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel etc.
- Knowledge of visa application processes and requirements for selected countries (SA, India, China, UK and USA)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Stanbic IBTCSimilar Jobs
- Client Relations Officer at Heirs Holdings
- Entry-Level Sales Executives at Workforce Group
- Job Opportunities at a Leading Commercial Bank - Michael Stevens Consulting
- Fresh Recruitment at the African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Latest Job Opening at Appzone Limited
- 2017 Graduate Trainee Recruitment At Fidelity Bank Plc
- Software Development & Sales Representatives at a Reputable Financial Technology Company - Workforce Management Centre (WFMC)
- Credit Analysts at Micro Leasing Limited