Upstream - a mobile monetization powerhouse. Our MINT technology platform brings together insights from billions of mobile interactions, rich customer data and innovative engagement mechanics to deliver the highest mobile purchase rates in the industry.
We serve mobile operators in 40 markets, helping them to sell their own and 3rd party products and services to their subscribers, while deepening customer knowledge and increasing customer loyalty.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
- The Account Manager - West Africa reports to the SVP Sales.
- This newly created role is responsible for managing all customer relationships at executive and operational level across various mobile operator accounts in West Africa.
- The key purpose is to develop and execute on the accounts plan by defining all key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans required to achieve all the key objectives (financial, operational and customer satisfaction).
- The Account Manager - West Africa acts as the main interface for all communications, coordinating issues and functioning as the main escalation point between Upstream and the customer.
- This role is based in Lagos, Nigeria and a relocation package, including housing and driver may be included.
- Responsible for dedicated accounts in West Africa.
- Deliver the target financial performance from the accounts (Revenue, EBITDA).
- Manage the complete P&L, business and marketing plans for the account.
- Ensure completion of all project related activities.
- Expatriate preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 4 years' experience (within the VAS and Telecommunications sector)
- Combined experience of at least 8 years in sales, or account management
- Demonstrated understanding of VAS products
- Understanding of business and proven track record of managing major operators in Africa
- Proven experience of engaging with 'C' level contacts
- Ability to map out mobile operator's organization structure and political power base
- Organized and structured thinking for planning and execution purposes
- Leadership and gravitas to effectively conduct business activities
- Salesmanship and effective communications
- Time management (ability to work alone and develop own daily/weekly agenda).
- A self-starter with high attention to detail.
- Great team work and collaboration spirit.
- Strong willingness to relocate and gain international experience
- Drive, self-confidence and resourcefulness
- Proven ability to make an impact internally and externally
- Vision, positive attitude, lateral thinker and ability to think outside the box
- Analytically minded and able to engage with and utilise others to deliver targets
- Great people skills, proven ability to make friends and develop informal links within clients.
We offer a competitive base salary and benefits, directly dependent on the candidate's qualifications and skills. By joining Upstream you will be part of a young, creative and dynamic company undergoing rapid growth and transformation into a global market leader.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.