Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value.
Job ID: HOT05ZAX
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- A Head Chef is responsible for managing all aspects of the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while seeking customer feedback, training staff, controlling costs, and covering all business needs
What Will I Be Doing?
- As a Head Chef, you are responsible for managing all aspects of the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience.
- A Head Chef will also be required to ensure that all operational, quality, and administrative functions are carried out properly.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage all aspects of the kitchen including operational, quality and administrative functions
- Actively seek verbal feedback from customers on a regular basis and respond to all guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensuring adequate resources are available according to business needs
- Manage the provision of food to Food and Beverage outlets and taking action where necessary to ensure compliance with current legislation
- Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of menu items, special promotions, functions and events
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas
- Ensure that staffing levels are maintained to cover business demands
- Ensure monthly communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the kitchen team
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Ensure maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues are dealt with in a timely manner
- Manage financial performance of the department so all planning is in line with hotel objectives
- Ensure food control systems are adhered to so margins are on target
- Regular review of all menus with Food and Beverage manager to confirm offerings are in line with market trends
- Be environmentally aware.
What Are We Looking For?
A Head Chef serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Catering experience in managerial capacity
- Experience managing a kitchen and developing staff
- Experience managing food costs
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Intermediate food hygiene qualification
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous kitchen experience in similar role
- Passion for food
- Knowledge of current food trends
- Advance food hygiene qualification
- High level of IT proficiency.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Hilton Worldwide career website on jobs.hilton.com to apply