Vacancy at Concern Universal
Posted on: 1 May, 2014
Deadline: 31 May, 2014
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Concern Universal
Concern Universal is an international NGO that works to sustainably reduce poverty and improve the lives of some of the poorest people in nine countries across Africa, Asia & South America.
In Nigeria we have worked for 13 years with local partners and communities in the county’s South East. We manage projects funded by major donors that address gender inequalities and rights abuses, improve sanitation and access to water, develop livelihoods and preserve environments.
We require a skilled and experienced Finance and Administration Manager to lead committed and talented team core team of staff covering functions of Finance and Administration in the Nigeria office. The goal of the core team is to provide a solid and seamless support environment for our work with national partners in reducing poverty and addressing key development issues in poor and disadvantaged communities. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package, an empowering working environment and the opportunity to make a real difference!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide high-quality financial management of all operations. This includes ensuring accurate and timely cash management, supporting project staff to prepare and adhere to budgets, and ensuring that financial practices meet local and international standards.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting to Concern Universal's Board and project donors, as well as managing external and internal audit processes.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the office in Calabar. This involves line managing all finance and support staff, overseeing the effective functioning of all assets, and ensuring that effective operating and governance systems and policies are in place and adhered to.
- Work closely with the Country Director to improve and update policies and procedures, evaluate staff performance and recruit new staff, and other tasks as required.
- Professional qualification in Accounting (CPA/ACCA/CIMA) or Finance Management
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Financial Management position, especially for an NGO
- At least 5 years' experience in a staff and office supervisory role (Admin/HR/Systems)
- Proven knowledge of IT & computerised accounting systems, preferably Sage Peachtree
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to demonstrate error-free writing in English
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to train others in financial systems
- Ability to work independently and prioritise effectively to achieve results and solve problems
Method of Application
The full job description can be downloaded on the link above, but if you are having difficulties please visit http://www.concern-universal.org/finance_and_administration_manager_nigeria to download the Job Description and Application Form.
Applicants should use the standard application form provided above and sent to: email@example.com by 17:00 31st May. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Concern UniversalSimilar Jobs
- Fresh Vacancies at Girl Effect
- Training Officer at the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
- Latest Jobs at Oxfam Nigeria
- Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Jobs at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Project Officer (PSS/Protection) at the International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Literacy and Numeracy Technical Lead at Creative Associates International
- Volunteers at The Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities (JONAPWD)