Corporate Finance Manager at Oando Nigeria Plc
Posted on: 1 May, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Oando
Oando PLC is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP), the Oando Group comprises six companies who are leaders in their market:
The Corporate Finance Manager is responsible for capital raising, buying and selling of financial products as well as identifying and securing merger and acquisition deals. He/She supports all corporate development activities geared towards maximizing the bottom line for the Oando Group.
Essential Functions Include
- Directly supporting the Head of Finance in the execution of engagements and transactions within the group.
- Taking a primary role in the planning, structuring and execution of any capital raising, or M&A activity the company is contemplating or actively engaged in.
- Focal point on projects financing and driver of execution mandates.
- Working closely with business development department to determine appropriate financing options based on unique business models.
- Responsible for developing and managing the Corporate Financial Model for the group.
- Providing inputs into the long term financial strategies, budgeting process and strategic capital allocation.
- Ensuring that the company financing decisions are consistent with the Group’s overall financing strategy, and that liability management is in line with existing covenants.
- Deliver business valuations for acquisitions and divestments, financial valuation (e.g impairment computations), and any other related strategic decision supports.
- Monitor the group's key financial performance indicators based on approved forecasts; and regularly manage treasury/cashflow plan across the group's operating assets.
- Organizing and leading periodic meeting with other departments, where key financial information can be shared and disseminated. Responsible for driving key discussion topics and agenda for each meeting.
- Supervising, mentoring (where relevant) and working closely with other employees in all related activities.
- Participate in various marketing and recruiting activities of the Company
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7 – 10 years’ relevant work experience in the financial industry
- Must have a good understanding of the energy sector, including business strategy and operations, processes, revenue and cost components and drivers of the measures of profitability and return on investment for modeling purposes
- Work experience in an investment bank is preferred, but not essential
- Strong leadership and management experience
- Must be able to multi-task and work closely with individuals from a broad range of backgrounds
- Candidate will be smart with particular strong quantitative writing and interpersonal skills
- Candidate must be proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications; and must be able to prepare/review complex financial models.
- Must have strong numerical, verbal and analytical competence
- Must be prepared to travel within and outside Nigeria extensively
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about OandoSimilar Jobs
- Information Technology Role at Cleanserve Integrated Energy Solutions
- Graduate Front Desk Officer at Beneprojecti Nigeria Limited
- Assistant Business Development Manager at eRecruiter Nigeria
- Job Vacancies at Fadac Resources
- Engineering Vacancy at Energi Talent Resourcing
- Onstream Group Recruiting HSSEQ QA/QC Managers
- Job Openings at AOS Orwell
- Accountants at Integrated Oil & Gas Limited