Oando PLC is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP), the Oando Group comprises six companies who are leaders in their market:
The Corporate Finance Manager is responsible for capital raising, buying and selling of financial products as well as identifying and securing merger and acquisition deals. He/She supports all corporate development activities geared towards maximizing the bottom line for the Oando Group.
Essential Functions Include
- Directly supporting the Head of Finance in the execution of engagements and transactions within the group.
- Taking a primary role in the planning, structuring and execution of any capital raising, or M&A activity the company is contemplating or actively engaged in.
- Focal point on projects financing and driver of execution mandates.
- Working closely with business development department to determine appropriate financing options based on unique business models.
- Responsible for developing and managing the Corporate Financial Model for the group.
- Providing inputs into the long term financial strategies, budgeting process and strategic capital allocation.
- Ensuring that the company financing decisions are consistent with the Group’s overall financing strategy, and that liability management is in line with existing covenants.
- Deliver business valuations for acquisitions and divestments, financial valuation (e.g impairment computations), and any other related strategic decision supports.
- Monitor the group's key financial performance indicators based on approved forecasts; and regularly manage treasury/cashflow plan across the group's operating assets.
- Organizing and leading periodic meeting with other departments, where key financial information can be shared and disseminated. Responsible for driving key discussion topics and agenda for each meeting.
- Supervising, mentoring (where relevant) and working closely with other employees in all related activities.
- Participate in various marketing and recruiting activities of the Company
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7 – 10 years’ relevant work experience in the financial industry
- Must have a good understanding of the energy sector, including business strategy and operations, processes, revenue and cost components and drivers of the measures of profitability and return on investment for modeling purposes
- Work experience in an investment bank is preferred, but not essential
- Strong leadership and management experience
- Must be able to multi-task and work closely with individuals from a broad range of backgrounds
- Candidate will be smart with particular strong quantitative writing and interpersonal skills
- Candidate must be proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications; and must be able to prepare/review complex financial models.
- Must have strong numerical, verbal and analytical competence
- Must be prepared to travel within and outside Nigeria extensively
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.