Rector at Kogi State Polytechnic
Posted on: 1 May, 2014
Deadline: 28 May, 2014
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at Kogi State Polytechnic
Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of:
- The Rector of the Polytechnic shall be the Chief Academic and Executive Officer of the Polytechnic and shall have and exercise general authority over the staff of the Polytechnic and be responsible for peace, order and security of the polytechnic.
- The Rector is responsible for the day-to-day management of the academic, administrative and financial affairs of the institution.
- The appointment shall be for a tenure of four years in the first instance and shall be eligible for reappointment for a second and last term of four years, subject to satisfactory performance.
Interested candidates for the post are expected to possess the following qualifications and personal qualities:
- Must hold at least a Masters Degree in any of the relevant disciplines of the Engineering, Technology, Arts, Science and Social Sciences-with a minimum of fifteen years teaching experience in a higher institution.
- Must be at least a Chief Lecturer or equivalent in a higher institution.
- Must be proficient in ICT.
- Must enjoy good physical and mental health.
- Must provide evidence of academic/Professional bodies.
- Must provide evidence of strong academic, administrative and visionary leadership and be effective in policy formulation.
- The candidate must be fair-minded and devoid of ethnic, political, religious and sectional interest.
- Must be able to attract research funds and development grants from Local, National and International agencies.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are expected to submit 20 copies of applications including photocopies and CVs preferably in the following order:
- Full names
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin and LGA
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Current Postal Address, Email and Telephone numbers
- Education Institutions attended and dates
- Academic and professional qualifications
- Membership of professional bodies
- Academic scholarly publications
- Conferences attended/papers and dates
- Previous and present employment with salary grades
- Activities outside paid employment
- Reference letters from 3 persons.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to:
Kogi State Polytechnic,
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Kogi State PolytechnicSimilar Jobs
- Home Lesson Teachers at Mind Smith Limited
- Vice - Chancellor at the Dominican University, Ibadan
- Latest Vacancies at Premier International School
- Teaching Jobs at Kiddies Acess Centre
- Head of Training School at a World Class Co-Educational School - Bradfield Consulting
- Academic and Non-Academic Staff Recruitment at the Nile University of Nigeria
- Teaching Vacancy at Randstad
- Teacher at Bethany Preparatory School