Malaria Consortium (www.malariaconsortium.org) is one of the world's leading non-profit organisations which is dedicated to the comprehensive control of malaria and other communicable diseases in Africa and Southeast Asia. Malaria Consortium (MC) works with communities, Government and non-Governmental agencies, academic institutions, local and international organisations; to ensure good evidence support delivery of effective services, providing technical support for monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities for evidence-based decision-making and strategic planning.
The organisation has been in operation in Nigeria since 2008 and recently opened a country office in Abuja to fully establish itself with its long term commitment. MC now seeks to recruit professtonalstn its country office.
- The Operations Officer will be based in the Abuja Country office and will provide direct support to the Country Director in the efficient running of the country office.
- S/he will provide operational and management support to all Malaria Consortium projects and also manage all relevant documents, equipment and facilities within the country office.
- The officer will also be responsible for developing and maintaining excellent relationships with service providers including hotels, car hire services, travel agencies, consultancy engagement process from start to finish; and also manage the consultancy and procurement database.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Provide support to the Country Director in the development and roll-out of internal project management systems.
- Support the Country Director to adapt global value for money (VFM) framework for the country office.
- Maintain up-to-date record of stakeholders' activities, events and travel itineraries to ensure efficient service delivery.
- Ensure information on Malaria Consortium projects is available in the Nigeria page of Malaria Consortium intranet.
- Source for appropriate venues for seminars, conferences, workshops and other programme activities.
- Oversee the collation of quarterly project assessments.
- Contribute to proposal writing, review and packaging including desk-based or field research for business development purposes
- A Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Project Management or a relevant degree in the Social Sciences.
- Interested candidate must have a minimum of 3 years' experience in project management and financial management involving financial budgeting and monitoring.
- The ideal candidate must have strong analytical, writing, facilitation, coordination skills.
- S/he must also be proficient in the use Microsoft Office packages especially Ms Excel and other relevant database tools.
Method of Application
Candidates who fully meet the above requirements should submit an application letter and a recent CV through the appropriate link on our website at: www.gridconsulting.net. The subject of the mail must contain the title of the position applied for.
Applications without a subject title will NOT be processed. All applications must be submitted latest by Friday, 9th May, 2014. Interviews will commence thereafter with a view to engaging the best candidate. Shortlistedcandidates will be contacted for interviews
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale