Careers at UNICEF Nigeria
Posted on: 29 April, 2014
Deadline: 14 May, 2014
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at UNICEF
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Vacancy number: VN-NGR-16-2014
Post Title: CMAM Information Management Officer (Nutrition)
Contract Type: Temporary Appointment (TA)
Duration: 364 Oays
Deadline for application: 14 May 2014
UNICEF Nigeria seeks the services of suitable and qualified candidates to fill the above vacancy
- Under the overall supervision of Chief of Nutrition, the Information Managernent Officer (Nutrition) as an expert will manage overall nutrition data/infonnation and provide support to the field teams and state partners for monitoring, evaluation and supportive supervision to ensure effectiveness and efficiently in nutrition programme.
- The key functions under data management and monitoring included to provide support for effective use of mobile phone for RapidSMS and use of smartphone for programme monitoring and supportive supervision.
- The incumbent of the post will work in close collaboration with PME section in Abuja andneld offices, and will ensure close collaboration with the government counterparts and programme sector partners al federal and state levels.
Duties and Tasks:
- Provide support to ensure that a set of nutrition programme performance indicators including CMAM, IYCF and MNCHW programmes are collected, collected and analyzed as per the Nutrition Section multi-year work plan, set of milestones and key programme performance indicators.
- Support implementation of training for building the capacity ot concerned teams/staff and partners on nutrition data/information management, monitoring, evaluation and supportive supervision using recent innovation and technology including mobile phone for RapidSMS for CMAM data reporting and smartphone for monitoring and supportive supervision in a real time basis.
- Coordinate, planning and implementation of planned activities and CMAM and others reporting using mobile phone RapidSMS method and programme monitoring and supervisosion in a real time basis using smartphone technology.
- In coordination with the govemment and programme partners if the nutrition programme monitoring strategy and tools designed, and data collection and analysis are coordinated/standardized across the programme states.
- Provide support to programme partners and concemedstaft of government counterparts in preparing and conducting programme monitoring, review and evaluation.
- Disseminate the results and recommendations of monitoring, review and evaluation to the intended audiences in user-friendly methods. In particular, to ensure that effective participatory feedback is provided to UNICEF field teams, partners, states/LGAs and community,
- University degree in social sciences, statistics, development planning, nutrition, public health, epidemiology.
- Professional work experienoe in programme development and implementation including information management, monitoring and evaluation activities as follows:
- Two years of relevant professional work experience including field work. Experienoe in nutrition data
- management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Skills on use of statistical analysis software, database management and use of smart phone technOlogy.
- Fluency in English and knowledge of another UN language
Method of Application
If you are interested in this position and meet the requirements, please send a one-page summary statement that describes how your experience and qualifications relate to the post and a scanned IPOF copy of the completed and signed UN Personal History Form (which can be downloaded from www.unicef.org/nigeria/about_3345.html) to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Wednesday May 14, 2014.
Please mention the position title you are applYing for on the subject line of your email. UNICEF, a smoke-free environment, is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about UNICEFSimilar Jobs
- WASH Coordinator at the International Medical Corps (IMC)
- Consultant, Women's Economic Empowerment at UN Women
- Deputy Director Operations, Lake Chad Basin at the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
- Finance Analyst at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Interpreter at the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Job Openings at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Qualitative Research Specialist at Girl Effect Nigeria
- Project Manager - Disaster Risk Reduction and Management at Christian Aid (CA)