Challenging Careers at Saipem Contracting
Posted on: 29 April, 2014
Deadline: 13 May, 2014
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Saipem Contracting
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Saipem is an international player, one of the best balanced turnkey contractors in the Energy Sector and a leader in the provision of Engineering, Procurement, Project Management and Construction Services, with unique capabilities in designing and executing large scale onshore and offshore projects. Saipem has a strong bias for operating in deep water and remote areas. It has significant technological competence in new Energy Solutions.
SAIPEM CONTRACTING NIGERIA is seeking for a highly motivated and qualified resource to reinforce our Egina UFR team.
Location: Port Harcourt/Lagos
- The Deputy Project Director/Multisystem Lead will report to Project Director and will be responsible for all project packages. These Packages will be normally be led by Package Co-coordinators and Deputy package coordinators who will report to the Project Director for the performance of their assigned
- The Deputy Project Director/Multisystem Lead will support, direct and lead those Package Co-coordinators and Deputy package coordinators reporting to him.
- He will liaise with the client PMT and represent SCNL and its interest with the client.
- Provides direction and leadership to SCNL policies in HSE, Quality, and project implementation.
- Manage SCNL commercial interest in the project by conducting on-going risk assessment and risk management.
- Coordinates and directs all Package Co-coordinators and Deputy Package coordinators to ensure full compliance with all project requirements.
- Accountable and fully responsible in meeting project objectives and Company directions.
- Development, management and approval of all project execution strategies.
- Ensure all health, safety and environmental regulations are met.
- Develop staffing and execution plans for the projects to ensure appropriate skitls/talen] are available
- Supports SCNL efforts to find and develop local talent and the achievement of its Nigerianisation goals,
- Management of the client and all affiliated parties to ensure commitments are understood and met.
- Plan, organize and direct project engineering activities.
- Review engineering and design schedules, monitor and control cost in all phases.
- SCNL requires a seasoned, hands-on executive with large-scale project experience.
- He or she must be an outstanding leader, must have excellent political and relationship building skills, must be a strategic thinker who clearly understands work processes and systems.
- This person will require exemplary leadership skills and a passion for cost control and project execution.
- He or she must be driven by a desire to meet and exceed exceptionally challenging objectives on time and on budget.
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering /Subsea Engineering from a reputable university
- Minimum of 15 years extensive project management experience, including management of large/mega projects.
- Have experience in project estimating, progress reporting, project execution strategies, project risk management, financial reporting, team building and workforce management.
- Specific experience oversea for renowned clients will be an advantage.
- Has demonstrated an overall knowledge of project planning and execution management.
- Experience should include various phases of project implementation.
- Experience dealing in lump sum and/or reimbursable contracting either from the owner or the EPIC side.
- In-depth understanding of industry and regulatory standards and design criteria.
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of standard project management methodologies and techniques, and of principles and practices of area of specialization.
- In-depth knowledge of cost and schedule impacts.
- International experience would be an asset.
- Thorough understanding of EPIC execution and man-hours for delivery of professional services.
- Excellent grounding in construction and alternative execution methods.
- Excellent leadership and team skills.
- Able to motivate a dynamic fast-paced team.
- Good attention to detail.
- Thrives on accepting responsibility and accountability.
- Ability to clearly communicate, and/of give direction, to multiple internal and external stakeholders in a complex and fast-paced environment.
Method of Application
Qualified Persons should submit their applications by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org using Ref: EGINAMTPD as the subject of the application. Application closes 2 weeks from the date of this advert.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Saipem ContractingSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Management Accountant at Subsea 7
- Human Resources Manager at Bradfield Consulting Limited
- Business Development Manager/Business Development Officer at MG Vowgas Group
- Latest Recruitment at Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL)
- Drilling Engineer at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Management Accountant at Aldelia Group
- Job Vacancies at Mosra Enerji Limited