Our client is a financial institution that creates value to its clientele by delivering expert financial services.
In line with the bank’s continuous drive to ensure availability of skills internally to adequately support achievement of corporate goals, the bank is seeking an experienced Head of Strategy to lead the development and planning of the group’s strategy blue print, developing them into actionable steps and monitoring the execution.
• As custodian of the group’s strategy, solicit input from, update and inform stakeholders on the group’s strategy and making amendments where necessary in response to changing business conditions.
• Develop and implement strategy realization planning that will guide the group on the medium term in order to sustain a competitive business performance.
• Responsible for the preparation of the budget for your area of responsibility
• Manage and control expenditure within the agreed budget for your area
• Champion the development of the balance score card within the group to manage strategy execution by developing appropriate frameworks for corporate performance measures.
• Monitor and recommend executions steps that will guide the group’s alignment with its strategy so as to have effectiveness.
• Supervise the development of a framework for strategic planning and budget framework, translating the execution plans into budgets so as to have a complete blue print.
• Contribute to preparation of annual budgets by working with the stakeholders and heads.
• Coordinate the process of conducting periodic environmental, competitor, shareholder, and peer benchmark analysis so as to help the group identify opportunities.
• Develop financial and economic models in conjunction with the finance function to appraise the efficacy of the underlying business assumptions.
• Manage the delivery of documents relating to the strategic plan.
• Set timetable and process for review of the strategic plan, and advise on redevelopment in the run up to the next strategic period
• Perform full scope due diligence on potential
• Customer Interface Analysis & Design
• Business Acumen
• Business Process Design & Re-engineering
• Change Management
• Benchmarking & Survey Administration
• Planning & Organizing
• Policy Formulation & Implementation
• Quality Assurance
The profile calls for the individual in the job to have the ability to inspire others to achieve profitable results.
The job occupant will ideally be a positive person, who is persuasive, self-starting, self-reliant, venturesome, optimistic, enthusiastic, active, mobile, impatient for results and stubbornly independent.
A first degree. Possession of a post graduate qualification would provide an advantage
10-15 years’ experience in strategy field is a must. A consulting background in strategy is an added advantage, so is some financial services industry background.
Send Cv/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org