eHealth Systems Africa is working on the delivery of vaccines and is building an Offline Chrome app using AngularJS that will be used to manage inventory, organize transport of health commodities, monitor vaccine temperatures and provide reporting to government and donor partners.
Summary: The Human Resources Recruiter specializes in providing full-cycle recruiting services, including HR metrics and training which align with the strategic goals of the organization. Ensuring a seamless, candidate-friendly hiring process, the Recruiter maintains clear lines of communication with candidates and leadership by providing stellar and timely customer service and project management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Recruits qualified professional, technical and administrative candidates for proposals, field-programs, local hires and consulting.
- Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of program staffing structures and project requirements. Knows current labour supply and complement of available labour force. Collaborates with business development, technical experts and project management teams to develop strategic recruitment campaigns.
- Ensures compliance with labour laws and regulations. Understands equal employment opportunity regulations, the organization's affirmative action program and best practices for recruiting and hiring.
- Serves as the Administrator and primary liaison with The Resumator applicant tracking, social recruiting, and hiring system.
- Actively sources candidates, employs social networking tools, calls, in-person networking and other search techniques to attract passive and active candidates and provide an engaged, diverse talent pool for current and forecasted staffing needs.
- Conducts testing, interviewing and reviewing of qualifications of prospective employees, either recommending, rejecting or referring applicants possessing satisfactory qualifications to hiring managers for further consideration. Must be capable of evaluation of technical qualifications of candidates, since much of work is performed in the field.
- Checks references of candidates or evaluates reference checks performed by subordinates.
- Makes offers of employment. Completes appointment letter, Personnel Action Form and Contract, and additional new hire documents. Receives executed documents.
- Coordinates new hire process with other HR Department staff and new employees to ensure an excellence focused experience for new employees.
- Coordinates the timely collection, verification, and editing of all proposal submission materials, including CVs, biographical data, forms and letters of commitment.
- Works with pricing team on proposal budget formulation to include country specific allowances, benefits and salary data.
- Represents the organization at career fairs and networking events.
- Works with HR Manager and hiring managers to identify training needs. Develops and provides training and coaching that may include managerial development for interviewing and hiring.
- Provides HR Metrics to business unit leaders to support strategic business objectives. Reviews and measures processes, practices and results to improve performance.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Desired Skills and Experience
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Excellent relationship-building with consultative and influencing skills.
- Sound judgment with ability to make timely decisions, exercise discretion and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Extremely organized with the ability to manage deadlines.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent track record of identifying talent for winning proposals.
- Bachelor's degree from college or university in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum of three to five years of progressively responsible experience in recruitment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working for a non-profit or an international NGO, grant or contract-based environment is preferred.
Certifications and Licenses
Professional in Human Resources (PHR) is preferred
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program.
- English is the spoken and written language. Proficiency in Hausa is preferred.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale