If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
United Biscuits is a leading branded biscuits and cakes business, producing some of the best known and loved sweet and savoury biscuits and cakes. Our classic brands have been delighting consumers for generations and include such favourites as McVitie’s Digestives, Jacobs and Go Ahead!
We’re as passionate about our people as we are about our consumers. At United Biscuits you will be given responsibility, ownership, and stretching targets, together with the support and personal development plan to help you achieve your potential. You will not be a cog in a big wheel, but a valued part of a team where you make a difference – every day.
United Biscuits has an ambitious growth programme in local, developing and emerging markets, with innovation at its core. If this Operations Manager role is of interest to you, apply now for immediate consideration
- As part of a ambitious International growth plan, United Biscuits has recently invested in a Nigerian based Biscuit & Confectionery Manufacturing company, A & P Foods. As a result of this UB are now looking to recruit an experienced Operations Manager to be based in Lagos on a 6 month fixed term contract.
- The Operations Manager will play a key role in the transition team working closely with the local Manufacturing team to develop people, plant, systems & equipment as well as ensuring delivery of strategic milestones related to capital investment and the introduction of McVitie's brands into the Manufacturing lines
- The scope of the role will cover inbound materials (Raw ingredients and packaging) through to production and outbound logistics. Development of performance improvement tools and and a 3yr strategic
- Manufacturing cost base reduction and capacity development plan along with the highest level customer service will be a key output of the role
- The Operations Manager will work along side other functional leads (Technical, Engineering, Finance, Commercial and Procurement) and report into the Supply chain transitional lead.
Key Output include but not limited to;
- To assess and put in place factory improvement programme to bring in line with UB standards over a 2 year horizon
- Improve plant performance, product quality, product functionality and product safety, ensuring the site operates within UB company standards and complies with legislation
- To identify performance improvement initiatives and encourage/facilitate a Continuous Improvement culture which effectively delivers on initiatives.
- To assess factory team skills and put in place an appropriate skills development programme
- To play a key role with the technical and project engineering teams to deliver the 3 year business case for Nigeria including repatriation of key products, setting up of a new line and supporting the development of a potential new site
- Rigorously manage the factory cost base
- To support and drive the development and implementation of business infrastructure systems and projects to deliver consistent business performance.
Specific Experience Required
- Strategic planning
- Business systems development
- Supplier relationship development
- Effective communicator at all levels – written and spoken
- Ability to determine a how tactical decisions relate to strategy of the business and make them happen
- Project Management experience
- Local knowledge pertinent to manufacturing in Nigeria
Skills and Knowledge Required
- FMCG manufacturing experience in a food environment
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Competent people manager
- Cost control experience
- Microsoft Office
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online on or before the 11th of May, 2014.