Oxfam - A simple, inescapable truth underlines everything we do at Oxfam. There’s enough wealth in this world to go around. It’s not unfortunate that people live in poverty. It’s unjustifiable. It’s not just their problem. It’s ours too. And with the right support, we can beat poverty and injustice. Thousands of people already commit their time and talents to our campaigning, humanitarian and long-term development projects. Now we’re looking for yours
High competitive salary & benefits package
This is a fixed term contract for 2 years – accompanied with family
Purpose of Role
- To lead Oxfam GB’s work in Nigeria by working with the Regional Management Centre, Oxfam affiliates and other organisations (national, regional and global) to bring about change through Oxfam’s programme and influence.
- To lead the development of the country programme along the lines of the JCAS and the 2014-2017 Regional Operational Framework
- To deliver the Country Strategy through the implementation of the OGB country programme in line with 2015-2017 submission (including fund raising, donor management, timely and effective implementation of programme commitments, active advocacy and influencing)
- To ensure a transparent and accountable management of OXFAM resources.
- To lead -- in collaboration with CLT and in line with the outcomes of the O2020 process -- the transformation of Oxfam GB’s role from an implementing affiliate to a partner affiliate
Role & Responsibilities
- Accountable for the delivery of the relevant part of the country program strategy to confederation standards as agreed by RPGB and MA and through an inter-Affiliate agreement between MA and IA
- Operational and People line management, including performance management of programme staff and budget management
- As a key member of the OI team in country, demonstrate leadership through both the Oxfam GB programme and as a member of the country leadership team.
- As a key member of the Country Leadership Team the ACD will support the development and or revision of the country analysis and strategy, manage the transition plan to 2020, Develop and manage donor and partnership contracts for Oxfam GB’s direct programme work as governed by the country strategy and the country operating plan
- Ensures adherence to OI policies and standards for program, program management, finance and HR
- Ensures adherence to the OI code of conduct, security guidelines and heath & safety
- Recruitment and development of the affiliate team that reports into the ACD to ensure that the right people, with the right skills, are available for the implementation of the programme strategy
- Input into the fundraising strategy, and coordination of fundraising opportunities alongside and supported by the Country Leadership Team
Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Management experience in leading the development, and ensuring the delivery of, programme strategy, either through partners or directly, in one or more challenging locations
- Experience of developing and managing complex budgets associated with donor and partner contracts
- Experience of managing donor and partner relationships within a development, advocacy or humanitarian context
- Ability to manage the development of, and contribute to, the analysis of factors driving poverty, marginalisation and vulnerability in developing country contexts, including the ability to ‘think politically’ by understanding motivations, pressures and challenges faced by colleagues, partners and other actors
- Knowledge and experience of fundraising including the identification of new fundraising opportunities and partnerships to support programme implementation
- Leadership experience of (possibly) remote teams operating within an INGO context; has knowledge and experience of using coaching and team working to deliver
- Understanding of managing security, health and safety and risk within an INGO context
- Humanitarian/Development and Advocacy experience as required by the Implementing Affiliates programme strategy
- Good level of IT literacy and an understanding of how new developments in technology can positively contribute to the aims of an INGO
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to motivate, influence, and negotiate
- Fluency in both written and spoken English ideally a working knowledge of the local language
Method of Application
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from people who are representative of a diversity of backgrounds, and we would particularly welcome applications from women.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to know more about this role and to apply,
Closing date: May 15th, 2014.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.