DORNIM Solicitors and Legal Consultants (“DORNIM”) is a commercial legal practice committed to providing exceptional legal advisory and support services to our clientele. In order to deliver world class service in accordance with international best practices, DORNIM possesses solicitors with the technical competence, commercial pragmatism, and excellent interpersonal skills required to ensure that all deliverables are executed efficiently. DORNIM recognizes the importance of having a clear understanding of our client‘s business needs and as such comprises of seasoned specialist solicitors who possess expertise and experience in specific practice areas.
DORNIM has vast experience in both complex and simple commercial transactions, and has been at the forefront in providing advisory services for both major and minor players in various sectors of the economy.
- Providing expert legal support and advice to clients
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements
- Advising on financing of Energy projects and transactions
- Advising on acquisition and disposal of assets
- Carrying out Company secretarial duties and other commercial law matters
- Meeting and managing local and international clients
- Advising clients on legal/regulatory and policy developments in the Energy Sector
- Advising on legal and regulatory issues in projects and transactions
- Negotiating and drafting of commercial agreements and transactional agreements
- Researching law and drafting opinions, articles etc.
- Conducting Due Diligence investigations
- Attending to smaller matters and aspects of larger matters independently
- Minimum of one (1) year experience gained working as a lawyer in a commercial law firm or as an in-house lawyer in an Energy company
- LL.B, B.L are required (LLM is an added advantage)
- Excellent academic background
- Must have knowledge and experience in any of Power, Environment, Mining, Maritime, or Oil and Gas industries
- Excellent grasp of commercial law and corporate matters in general
- Experience in Company Secretarial duties will be an advantage
- Excellent communication and drafting skills
- Should be smart and presentable
- Excellent interpersonal and client relationship skills
- Attention to detail is essential
- Ability to work with very minimal or no supervision and also able to work in a team
- Good Microsoft Office Skills (MS Word, Excel and Power Point and Outlook).
Please note that this is purely a corporate/commercial role involving no litigation.
go to method of application »
- Preparing monthly financial statements;
- Keeping and maintaining proper accounting records of financial status of the Firm at every point in time;
- Handling the Firm`s banking transactions;
- Managing the petty cash account including but not limited to planning the expenditure of the firm to ensure healthy cash flow;
- Performing all day-to-day accounting operations (Accounts Payable, Bank & Finance Reconciliations, Tax Preparation and remittance, Profit & Loss preparation etc.).
- Generating invoices as at when needed.
- Ensuring that all issued cheques have documented official receipts.
- Ensuring collection of payments from clients and creditors within agreed time frame.
- Processing payment within 30 days of submission of invoices or receipts for refunds.
- Ensuring that all vouchers are countersigned before disbursement of cash.
- Interfacing with the company's designated banks and maintain proper and systematic filing of documents.
- Maintaining contact with the Company's banks accounts officer and auditors.
- Preparation of Payroll.
- Monitoring issuance of receipts and certifying that all invoices are paid up; and
- All other financial duties that may arise for the effective operation of the Firm.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum qualification is 2:1 Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in an accounting role is also required.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral.
- Proficient with the use of MS Office tools and accounting software
Method of Application
Interested and qualified persons should apply for this job by sending their CVs and Cover Letters latest by 25th of January 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org (using Energy Associate OR Accountant as the subject of the e-mail).