- Study at London’s Top University - MDX. Tuition from just $5000 and 4 campuses. Learn more
Network Operation Manager at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
Posted on: 11 January, 2019
Deadline: 23 January, 2019
View Jobs in Power / Energy
View All Jobs at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) - Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria's largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Advert Code: IE-2019-01-111696889667
Reporting To: Business Manager
Job Type: Full Time
- Responsible for all the operations and maintenance activities of the business unit.
- Plan, organize, design and coordinate technical activities for smooth functioning of the distribution networks (33/0.415kV and 11/.415kV feeders)
- Coordinate and maintain distribution networks 11kV Feeders,11KV Breakers and Distribution Substation(S/S)
- Ensure all Network reconfigurations/rearrangements are mapped with appropriate energy accounting process
- Coordinate and render all technical data Daily, Monthly, Quarterly, Annually and as may be required from time to time to the corporate office.
- Ensure planned operation and maintenance activities are carried out in the Business Unit periodically.
- Focus on loss reduction, prevention of equipment failure and accident reduction strategies.
- Carry out commercial and electrical load surveying of 11kV Feeders and Distribution Substation (S/S).
- Inspect, test and commissioning new distribution network Feeders and DT Substation (S/S) projects intended to be connected to the BU network.
- Assist and advice the undertaking in management of the .415kV LV distribution network.
- Maintain and manage 33kV Feeders within the business unit.
- Supervises the allocation of store materials within the business unit and undertakings
- Ensure business unit’s compliance with safety procedures
- Collate procurement needs for the network operations team in the business unit and forward to the business unit manager and the Corporate head office
- Takes responsibility for compliance with all Quality Management System/Occupational Health & Safety related activities in the department as documented in the departmental operations manual, risk assessment register and other relevant documents
- Perform other duties as requested by the Business Manager or MD/ CEO of the company
- Master's or Bachelor degree in related engineering field(Electricity/Civil)
- At least 10 years’ experience.
- Network Data Analysis Management
- Operations & Maintenance Management
- Sub-station Planning Maintenance
- System Support Load Management
- High & Low Tension Operation & Maintenance Management
- Network Location Mapping
- Equipment Testing & Commissioning Management
- Electricity Industry Regulatory Knowledge
- Safety and Health Compliance
- Technical Works & Civil Engineering Design
- Technical Project Quality Assurance and Control
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company career website on careers.ikejaelectric.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Ikeja Electricity Distribution CompanySimilar Jobs
- Senior Automation Specialist at Aeti Power Systems And Controls Limited
- Baker Hughes (GE Nigeria) SSA IGNITE Graduate Internship Program
- Lead Software Developer at Rensource Energy
- Regional ICT Support Engineer at the Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC PLC)
- Project Manager - Installation at General Electric Nigeria
- Surveyor at Mosra Enerji Limited
- Job Opportunities at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Learning & Development Personnel at Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) PLC