Proten is an international Human Capital Development firm that offers a wide range of Training, Coaching and Consulting services to individuals, small businesses and corporate and governmental organisations. Our client base spreads across Europe and Africa with head offices in London, United Kingdom and Lagos, Nigeria. Human Capital is undoubtedly one of the most important elements of success in any organisation today. Developing human capital requires creating and cultivating environments in which human beings can rapidly learn and apply new ideas, competencies, skills, behaviours and attitudes.
An HR Consulting firm is looking to hire a Learning and Development Executive with great organizational and communication skills. The ideal candidate must have relevant experience in training and development functions in large corporate environments. The L&D Executive will provide adequate support and implementation of in-house and external learning and development needs.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Responsible for identifying annual training needs activities across our corporate clients’ and develop strategies to close identified gaps.
- Actively involved in the design and mapping of external and in-house training plans to meet identified needs
- Liaise and consult with other entities' training managers to identify individual, group and organizational training needs.
- Integrate identified learning and development needs and ensure these are appropriately scheduled for delivery in line with identified priorities and business needs.
- Design training courses and programs necessary to meet training needs, or manage this activity via external providers.
- Supports and facilitates the formulation and implementation of processes, standards and policies related to training & learning development.
- Identify, select and manage external training and accreditation bodies, agencies and providers necessary to deliver required training to appropriate standards.
- Ensuring that every L&D program has clear business focused aims that enable robust evaluation of the event’s effectiveness, and measurement of return on investment.
- Responsible for proposal development, e-learning courses, workshops, training manuals and slides
- Ensure all training needs established in the business are aligned to the organizational mission and objectives.
- Evaluates training effectiveness and impact on business (e.g., Measures ROI on business impact through formalized metrics and reporting)
- Ensures that financial resources are set at an appropriate level to deliver required solutions.
- Design and facilitate academy courses that will reduce reliance on outsourced training providers but also provide revenue streams.
- Ensure integrity and consistency of all learning processes within the business.
- Review training materials from a variety of vendors and choose appropriate materials
- Monitor and evaluate training programs to ensure they are current and effective
- Select and assign instructors or vendors to conduct training
- Track budgets and negotiate contracts
- Manage the execution of the annual training calendar
Job Requirements/ Qualifications
- Bsc/HND from a reputable institution
- 2-3 years’ experience as a training coordinator, trainer, training facilitator, or similar role
- Excellent writing skills
- Impressive Microsoft package skills i.e Word, Powerpoint etc
- Hands-on experience coordinating multiple training events in a corporate setting
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques
- Experience with e-learning platforms- understand e-learning techniques, and where relevant, be involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages.
- Cutting-edge organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignment
- To work as an individual and to be a team player.
- Proficient in MS Office and Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills; sharp business acumen
- Project Management
- High ethical standards and integrity
Method of Application
If you are interested/qualified, send your CVs with the subject “Learning and Development Executive” to firstname.lastname@example.org