We are a restaurant chain with 6 outlets operating in the city of Lagos and we are currently seeking to employ a Human Resources Officer to join our vibrant team.
- Ensure the timely and smooth run of the monthly payroll by providing the accounts department with required employee information (fines and other deductions, new employee start dates, end dates, absenteeism, etc).
- Employee On-boarding & induction.
- Ensure that accurate job descriptions are in place.
- Ensure that all staff operational resources/materials are available (e.g. staff uniforms, name tags, ID cards etc)
- Ensuring that a proper filing system is maintained for all staff information and records.
- Organise and monitor staff training with the general manager or relevant line manager.
- Monitor daily staff attendance and overtime.
- Monitor scheduled absences such as leave or travel and liaise with supervisors to ensure that staff absence has been adequately covered for to avoid disruption to business activities.
- Ensure that company policies are clearly communicated to all staff.
- Ensure that disciplinary action for various offences are implemented, documented and communicated to staff.
- Responsible for dealing with grievances and staff welfare related matters.
- Co-ordinate the performance appraisal process.
- Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organized and comprehensive procedure is used to hire staff.
- Schedule, organize and participate in recruitment interviews.
- Ensure that employees receive allowances and benefits due to them when they become eligible.
- Conduct reference checks and collate guarantor information on prospective candidates.
- Responsible for organising and monitoring staff lunch
- Perform other HR related duties as required.
Experience & Qualifications
- BA/BSc degree in Human Resources or similar discipline.
- 3 Years minimum experience in Human Resources related role
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, staff welfare recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Strong planning & organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be fair and objective in decision making.
- Results Oriented - Gets results and achieves goals.
- Sound judgment and initiative.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team or independently.
- Energy and stamina.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below