Business Development Officer at a Rapidly Growing Engineering Firm
Posted on: 10 January, 2019
Deadline: 28 January, 2019
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View Jobs posted same day
Our rapidly growing Engineering company is looking for a motivated business development officer to develop and implement growth strategies for the achievement of revenue goals
Candidates should have the right blend of analytical talent and business know-how. Successful applicants should be team players who not only understand how to identify a new market opportunity, but also know what it takes to lead a team forward and realize that opportunity. We’re especially looking for someone with great communication skills, as you’ll be expected to interact with shareholders, executives and clients daily. Preference will be given to candidates who plan to stay and grow with our company for the foreseeable future.
- Drawing comprehensive marketing plans for the company’s products and Services
- Identify and develop new opportunities, implement strategic sales plan and actively involve during bidding and closing phase
- Develop appropriate follow-up programs to ensure success of the proposal submitted.
- Coordinate and work with a team of Application Engineers, Project Engineers to create and prepare commercial and technical proposals and tenders
- Make presentations, and modifications on processes, to guarantee more efficient service delivery for maintaining client relationship
- Direct and co- ordinate activities involving sales of the company Products and Services
- Prepare and submit weekly marketing plans/calls and reports of achievements to the Business Dev Director and the Managing Director
- Develop new business ideas and follow-up
- Create business opportunities to generate enough resources for the company
- Confer or consult with Department head to plan advertising services and to secure information on clients needs and customer specification
- Exploitation and Exploration of new Markets.
- Review operational records and determine profitability.
- Assess Marketing potential of new and existing Clients.
- Liaise with potential Customer regarding training and other engineering consulting needs and solutions
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Constantly review the company’s fee and cost structure to ensure that margins are optimal while remaining competitive
- Create project data-base and update it regularly
- Primarily responsible for the business support initiatives of the company
- Prepare annual income budget projections for all products
- Co-ordinate the marketing team
- Any other function as may be directed by management
- B.Sc/B.Eng/HND in Engineering, Business Administration, Marketing or other related discipline.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience working in a business Development role.
- Computer Literate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Great leadership skills.
- Top-notch analytical skills — you must have an eye for detail!
- The ability to travel to meet clients, attend conferences and research new markets as needed.
Must reside within Lekki/Epe Axis Lagos Nigeria
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Jobs at Niger Construction Limited (NIGERCAT)
- Construction Engineer at EPCM Engineers Limited
- Contract Manager at Consolidated Contractors International Company
- Account Assistant at Tekniteed Nigeria Limited
- CASHES Supervisor/Superintendent at O.K. Isokariari & Sons (Nigeria) Limited
- Team Lead - Legal/HR at Eko Maintenance Limited
- Fresh Vacancies at Tranos Contracting Limited
- Lead Market Analyst at Voke Engineering Services Limited