Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Project Overview and Role
- The IHP Integrated Primary Health Care Advisors provide technical guidance on and oversight of integrated primary health service activities, including capacity building at state, local government health authority (LGHA), facility, and community levels; providing expert technical assistance in integrated service delivery in the areas of reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health plus nutrition and malaria (RMNCH + N and malaria), with a focus on enhancing service delivery within a stronger, more sustainable health system.
- With the Kebbi State Technical Director and field staff, provide technical assistance for implementing integrated primary health care services as per the PHCOUR, including integrated RMNCH + N and malaria at the state, the Local Government Health Authority (LGHA), the facility and community levels in IHP supported states (areas, LGHAs);
- Provide ongoing technical assistance and capacity building to relevant state level MDAs and technical working groups such as with the State Primary Healthcare Development Agency (SPHCDA), the LGHA, Ward Development Committees (WDCs), local non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and PHCs to implement State strategies and plans that guide IRMNCH+N and malaria such as the PHCUOR, MSP, PHC revitalization, OIRIS, and the State Malaria Operational Plan and rapidly scale-up integrated delivery of quality, high-impact IRMNCH +NM services;
- Contribute to building the capacity of MTOTs, TOTs, relevant SPHCDA, LGHA and relevant HRH structures to use proven and sustainable skill building and learning approaches and quality improvement methodologies for the delivery of high-impact IRMNCH +N and malaria interventions at the community level and in public and private facilities;
- Work with relevant government technical staff, implementing partners and technical working groups providing expert contributions to adapt federal guidelines, tools and procedures for State implementation of quality integrated primary healthcare service delivery at scale;
- Provide technical support to the SPHCDA, LGHA and facilities in strengthening the relevant structures and systems required to strengthen quality improvement processes, in line with the national Quality of Care Strategy for MNCH, including routine integrated supportive supervision (ISS), establishing and maintaining effective Quality Improvement Teams, and development and implementation of quality improvement plans focused on measurable improvement aims, critical quality gapsand regular monitoring and analysis of key performance indicators at the community and facility levels including the private sector;
- Mentor during skill building efforts for health workers and relevant community-based structures in support of integrated service delivery, quality improvement, use of data for decision making and other skills required for effectively managing the reliable delivery of quality high impact, integrated RMNCH+N and malaria services at PHC and community level;
- In consultation with local stakeholders, help to prioritize meaningful RMNCH+N+M indicators (e.g. quality of care process and outcome measures) aligned with State and Federal monitoring guidance and tailored to the specific needs of SMOH, LGHA, PHC and community health workers.
- Analyze data needs and availability for provision of quality RMNCH+N+M care (e.g. point of care clinical decision-making) and for monitoring of prioritized performance indicators; address identified gaps, including content and quality of routine HMIS data (e.g. PHC registers, patient forms) and skills of SMOH, LGHA and health workers to calculate, visualize and interpret key performance indicators (e.g. as part of a dashboard.)
- Contribute to the development/review of SPHCDA/SMOH program strategies, annual workplans and budgets.
- Support timely, complete and accurate recording and reporting of PHC facility-based and outreach services and program progress including performance monitoring using approved program monitoring and reporting tools and prioritized performance indicators;
- As appropriate, collaborate with local Professional Associations to support clinical capacity-building and mentoring of providers (e.g. CHEWS, midwives, nurses.) Professional associations may include but not be limited to PAN, NISON, SOGON, NANNM, XX.
- Support collaboration with BREAKTHROUGH ACTION and seamless alignment of social and behavior change with service delivery, using the circle of care, especially at PHC and community level.
- For malaria, collaborate with the counterparts from the U.S. Presidential Malaria Initiative (PMI), the Walter Reed Military’s HIV Research Program (MHRP), State Malaria Elimination Program (SMEP), state-level malaria counterparts, and other entities working in malaria prevention and control;
- Support advocacy efforts related to integrated delivery of RMNCH +NM with State Ministry of Health and SPHCDA for adoption of new evidence-based RMNCH+nutrition and malaria best practices at health facilities and the community;
- Contribute to IHP continuous learning and adaptation (CLA) and the development of knowledge management products related to IRMNCH + N and malaria and apply lessons learned to improve the program design and implementation in IHP supported states.
- Contribute to IHP routine reporting, success stories and publications.
- Reports directly to Kebbi State Technical Director
- MBBS/MD or Nursing or Midwifery degree plus a Masters' degree in Public Health, Nursing or a related field or an advanced post graduate degree in a related field is essential;
- At least eight (8) years relevant experience in one or more of technical areas: Family planning, maternal health, newborn health, child health, nutrition and malaria;
- Experience in integrated PHC service delivery at health facilities and community;
- Experience implementing programmes at the primary health care level is an advantage;
- Familiarity with performance indicators in at least 2 technical areas
- Familiarity with applying quality improvement methodologies to improve quality of primary services, including identifying and overcoming critical gaps and monitoring performance indicators to guide continuous improvement
- Familiarity with Nigerian public and private sector health systems at the state, LGHA and community levels is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of local culture and a deep understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding the delivery of RMNCH +NM services;
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication. Ability to speak Hausa;
- Demonstrated experience managing stakeholders and building capacity at sub-national levels;
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency delivering relevant IRMNCH +NM training packages and supporting retention of health worker competencies (e.g. through mentoring, supervision);
- Ability to function/work independently as well as part of a team;
- Well-developed computer skills;
- Ability to travel within IHP focal state at least 50% time.
go to method of application »
Project Overview and Role
- Propcom Mai-Karfi was originally a six year DFID programme aimed at increasing incomes for the poor in northern Nigeria through enhanced employment opportunities for increased employment and improved productivity in selected agricultural market systems in northern Nigeria.
- The programme is now entered into a three year extension which will concentrate on the DFID Partner States of Kaduna, Jigawa, and Kano as well as the six NE states. The impact of conflict in this Region since 2012-13 has been significant with the major disruption to Livelihoods and associated markets for millions of civilans in the area.
- The post is located in Abuja with remote working outside Nigeria (if appropriate) , however the TD will be required to travel frequently within Nigeria, particularly to the Northern part of Nigeria.
- The TD is responsible for providing strategic technical assistance and management support for successful delivery of Propcom as described in the client Head Contract, Extension Proposal, associated ToRs / Logframe and Budget.
- The TD supports in-country programmatic and management of the project. The TD forms part of the senior leadership team on the project and, as such, ensures that risks are minimised, company policies, processes and procedures are adhered to, and the project is compliant with client policies, rules and regulations. The role ensures that project objectives, outcomes and deliverables are met and that financial, operational and reporting requirements of the client are adhered to.
- The TD position is a part time position with up to 192 days available up to the end of March 2021, approximately 8 days/month.
Strategic and Operational Planning:
- Supports in the preparation of the annual strategic plans; technical and operational work plans and budgets; staffing plans; performance improvement plans and other plans as required;
- Lead in the preparation of donor reports as required including annual reports and quarterly reports.
- Accountable for the successful implementation of market development activities through the effective leadership and management of the Senior Programme Managers,
- Identify a pipeline of potential new interventions for the project, work with the Team Leader to drive forward innovative ideas in the project
- As delegated by the Team Leader provides technical guidance and quality assurance for selected project activities, outputs and deliverables;
- Coordinate with HR London and the HR Manager in PM to generate a key contacts list of high quality consultants, with agreed fee rates, to be available to provide technical expert inputs to the project as required
- Monitor implementation progress; maintains up to date logs of issues and risks; works to resolve issues, manages and mitigates risks; and escalates material issues and risks as appropriate;
- Contribute to the overall leadership of the programme as part of the senior management team.
- As tasked by the Team Leader, represent Propcom to industry stakeholders and development partners.
- Support the Team Leader in providing leadership and guidance to the market group as a whole
- Ensure the ongoing professional development of Senior Programme Managers, particularly in relation to business consulting skills and deal-making
Performance Management, Training and Mentoring:
- Contribute when required to training needs assessment of, Technical Team members when initiating new interventions and on-the-job-training where appropriate.
- Support the Senior Programme Managers to further develop Technical Team member management skills, and where required work with them to implement training and capacity building
- Support Palaldium HR and PMs HR Manager with the identification and recruitment of talent by Propcom.
- Quality assure technical deliverables and progress reports.
Monitoring, Evidence and Learning:
- With colleagues from PMs (i) develop evidence of PM impact, (ii) promote learning across the PM team and with wider stakeholders, and (iii) advocate PM’s approach and communicate impact to external stakeholders.
- Oversee and quality assure market development activities to Senior Managemnet to maximise impact
- Research new sub-sectors for PM investment as necessary:
- In close collaboration with the R&M Team and Technical Leads intervention guides are correct and up-to-date
- New markets are identified and discussed in SMT and peer reviewed in the PSC Meetings.
- Provide Joint leadership along with the NTL to the Technical Team on new directions for existing/current interventions and identify opportunities for cross fertilization between interventions to maximize impact.
- Provide technical guidance to the Technical Team to facilitae in the attainment of results .
- Where required support Technical Team Members to identify suitable business partnerships and broker deals with business partners.
- As tasked by the Team Leader, manage ad hoc projects (e.g. ad hoc requests for research / advice from DFID or GoN).
- Successful track record in delivery of complex programmes
- Excellent leadership, representation and organizational skills, while working in a diverse Team
- Strong management and people handling skills
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports
- Ability to operate in complex and fluid contexts
- Ability to foster successful partnership approaches and relationships among a variety of organizations/institutions
- Excellent English language communication skills and ability to work collaboratively across technical disciplines
- Ability to communicate effectively and negotiate persuasively with high level decision makers
- Results oriented
go to method of application »
Project Overview and Role
- The purpose of this Nigeria Integrated Health Program (IHP) Task Order (TO) 4 Contract is to implement priority primary health interventions in Kebbi State to strengthen the state-, LGA-, and ward-level health system as well as strengthen engagement with the state government. The objectives of the program are to (a) strengthen systems supporting primary health care services; (b) improve access to primary health care services; and, (c) increase quality of primary health care services.
- The IHP goal is to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality primary health care (PHC) services. TO 04 will be USAID’s principal primary health program service delivery activity in Kebbi and will coordinate closely with other USAID activities and other development partner programs in the state. USAID will intentionally overlay this activity with other Mission programming to increase Government of Nigeria (GON) resources for primary health care (PHC) services, increase demand for PHC services, and improve access to essential commodities. The activity is expected to collaborate closely with those other implementing partners and will not undertake any activities already implemented by other USAID programs.
- The State IHP Director shall be the principal point of contact in Kebbi for procedural and substantive matters. The State IHP Director will take guidance from the Country Director and shall be responsible for ensuring quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the award. The State IHP Director shall provide overall leadership management and direction for IHP in Kebbi State. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments.
- Provides leadership, guidance, vision, and management to staff for successful implementation in Kebbi State
- Supervises TO4 staff and ensures strong collaboration with donors, other implementers, and local counterparts
- Responsible for meeting contractual obligations, producing deliverables and targets, and achieving project results as specified by USAID/Nigeria under TO4
- S/he oversees project planning and ensures implementation, with a focus on results and financial accountability for all project activities
- Post-graduate degree in International Health, Social Sciences, Management or related discipline
- Demonstrated progressive experience in RMNCH programs and working with development agencies and organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, project beneficiaries and project staff
- Possess excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English; demonstrated supervisory skills; and ability to work well on a team.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.