- Study at London’s Top University - MDX. Tuition from just $5000 and 4 campuses. Learn more
Maintenance Engineer at Media Trust Limited
Posted on: 10 January, 2019
Deadline: 24 January, 2019
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View All Jobs at Daily Trust
Media Trust Limited is the publisher of Daily Trust and other newspaper titles. They are also into commercial printing as well as Brand Marketing Research for the purpose of identifying new opportunities for business values. Each market research report delivers insight across a wide range of crucial factors such as market size, growth drivers, competitive landscape, trends, and forecasts.
We are desirous of recruiting a competent, self-motivated and result-oriented candidate to fill the position below:
- The role holder will be responsible for the continuos running of equipment, machinery and to oversee routine maintenance and organize repairs. He is to play a vital role in the efficiency and progress of production equipment and machines.
- He is expected to work with other professionals in order to improve production facilities, reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of equipments, personnel and production processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the staff, processes and activities for maintaining all machinery, equipment and other physical assets to ensure safe, continual and efficient operation.
- Designing maintenance strategies, procedures and methods.
- Carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to equipment faults.
- Diagnosing breakdown of machines problems.
- Fitting new parts and making sure equipment is working correctly.
- Arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components.
- Controlling maintenance tools and equipment.
- Monitoring and controlling maintenance costs.
- Dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs.
- Responsible for troubleshooting the problem and assessing whether parts can be repaired or need to be replaced.
- Developing, guiding and following up the implementation of work safety procedures and practices as it pertains to the general maintenance in accordance with Industry Standards.
- To install new equipment and to perform checks following installation to ensure that all systems are in working order.
- Regular check to prevent any major damage to machines and repair the parts that need to be replaced.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years’ cognate experience with at least 3 years at management level in a large operational environment or in the print media.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with Manugraph Press is a distinct advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Personal qualities of integrity and credibility.
- Have the capacity to understand a range of engineering functions and procedures.
- Good diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Teamworking skills to work cooperatively and liaise with people at all levels.
- Passion for the Job.
- A team player;
- Self-motivated and able to influence and motivate others.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- A logical thinker who pays attention to detail.
- Able to work independently, rigorous and disciplined
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Daily Trust career website on career.dailytrust.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Daily TrustSimilar Jobs
- Graphics Designer at Do Media Limited
- NYSC TV Reporter/Social Media Handler at Mighty Media Plus Network Limited
- Job Openings at Summitech Computing Limited
- Broadcast Journalist at The BBC
- PHP Developer at Buffer Media
- OAP at Vidastreamedia
- Marketing Executives at World Entertainment Television
- Social Media Manager at Kraks Media Limited