Orion Group Nigeria - Our client is one of the largest international Oil & Gas companies in the world with operations covering the entire energy chain. The group operates in over 130 countries and employs over 95,000 personnel worldwide.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Shutdown/Star Up Field Engineer, based on site in Nigeria.
Job type: Contract
Sector: Commisioning / Hook up, Construction & Fabrication
Date posted: 23/04/2014
- Assist the SD/SU leader in the coordination of the preparation of the shut]down to be performed for the installations
- Provide assistance to the CTR during the detailed preparation of the SD planning, in order to optimise the schedule as much as possible in order to reduce the production shortfalls.
- Review the preparation of the SD for systems which he is in charge of. This includes procedures, planning, requisition for equipment, special tools and the whole preparation
- Participate in the JRA related to the SU/SD activities.
- Assist the SD/SU leader identifying and addressing all internal/external interface issues with respect to the SD and SU phases
- Throughout the preparation phase, liaise with corresponding area engineers, including the Operations team.
- Promote HSE behaviour within the SD/SU activities and verify that HSE procedures are well considered and implemented
- Prepare the necessary documentation regarding the SD and SU aspects
- Preparation of the explanatory presentation for the different coordination meeting to be held
- Ensure progress in accordance with priorities defined in the SD, Commissioning and Start]up sequence in order reach the planned end date.
- Ensure optimal vendor intervention planning.
- Start up assistance to operations, trouble shooting and follow up of operability issues.
- Support to the FOPS team to issue the proper documentation and his follow up
Skills & Experience
- Mechanical Engineer/Process Engineer or similar discipline.
- Considerable experience in Operations engineering.
- Good knowledge of means and resources needed to perform the shut]down and startup activities
- Strong knowledge of facilities on Oil or/and Gas exploitation field.
- Experience in company field gives a plus.
- English at fluent level, written and spoken
Method of Application
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 896334.
Orion Group currently supplies over 4,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 40 offices worldwide, Orion Group operates internationally and in October 2013, were named the UK's number one for Oil & Gas recruitment.
Interested applicants should click here to apply online.
- Consultant name: Iona MacDonald
- Email: Iona.Macdonald@orioneng.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale