Latest Jobs at ARM Life Plc
Posted on: 8 January, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at ARM Hold Co.
ARM is a leading group of companies situated in Nigeria with branches scattered across the country. ARM Life is the insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM). Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non bank financial services firms in Nigeria with a focus on asset management of quoted equities and fixed income securities.
- The officer will be responsible for ensuring accuracy and reliability of transaction data captured within Operations Unit and reconciliation of bank statements to portfolios/funds core applications
- In addition, the officer will device and maintain a system of control sufficient to provide reasonable assurances on relevant company and clients’ related transactions
- The Internal Control unit would cover transactions processed by ARM Investment Managers and ARM Securities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform daily review of bank statements to identify outstanding transactions and resolution of reconciling items between the bank statements and the portfolios/funds core applications
- Perform daily reconciliation of Mutual funds and ensure timely clearing of all outstanding transactions
- Perform daily reconciliation of Instititional client funds and ensure timely clearing of all outstanding transactions
- Perform monthly reconciliations of ARM and Custodian records, which will include CITI reconciliation, CSCS reconciliation, and any other reconciliation activity assigned to you by your supervisors
- Document and circulate periodic reports to Management, and inputs on identified control gaps and key exceptions with needed process improvement opportunities
- Liaise with process owners to ensure the timely implementation of remedial actions to address identified exceptions
- Escalate instances of persistent instances of persistent control issues to Supervisor
- Perform special investigations when necessary to safeguard firm assets (e.g., fraud)
- Provide monthly internal control input for OPR collation, TAMCO, BARC and any such audience that may be required from time-to-time
- Escalate exceptional or aged items to the portfolio Managers, Treasury, E-payment & settlement, Investment Administration and Fund Account
- Conduct any reviews or tasks requested by Supervisor.
- At-least 1-2 years experience in a similar role.
- A B.Sc Degree in relevant field
- Demonstrate good knowledge of accounting principles, financial markets and instruments (Preferably an accounting graduate).
Competency and Skills Requirements:
- Good financial accounting and reporting skills
- Good knowledge of MS Excel and other MS Office Applications
- Team player
- Good communication skills (oral & written).
go to method of application »
- The Business Development team has the primary responsibility of attracting and retaining clients, day to day interaction with clients and prospects and identifying and developing new opportunities to deliver superior investment solutions.
- Our Institutional Asset Managers work with Corporations (private or government) by taking the time to better understand their business to help optimize income/cash flow management and proper investment management thereby giving the corporations the freedom to pursue your strategic initiatives.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Evaluation, design and oversight of our Institutional clients’ total financial plan. This includes creation and management of Employee’s welfare schemes, Reserve Funds, Asset Liability Management plans, Investment Asset Allocation, and Client reporting.
- Applying advanced knowledge of financial products, services, and strategies to provide a holistic advice. The financial products include traditional and non-traditional investment such as:
- Diversified Array of Mutual funds
- Local & Offshore Equities and Fixed Income Investments
- Customized Portfolio Management Services
- Specialized Funds i.e Private Equity, Hospitality and Retail & Infrastructure Funds
- Real Estate Fund & Direct Real Estate Investments (Retail to Upscale)
- Conducting comprehensive reviews to analyze financial data and provide recommendations for modifications based on client's risk tolerance, goals, objectives and individual preferences.
- Maintain knowledge of the competitive landscape and effectively communicate the value of the firm’s Institutional Asset Management offerings and how it fits into each client's financial strategy.
- A First Degree qualification in Science, Engineering, Finance or Social Sciences
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years of professional working experience in the financial service industry
- Relevant experience in Investment/Wealth Management or Financial Services
- Strong business acumen to be able to recognize and interpret commercial opportunities
- Must have demonstrated ability to create sales/relationship opportunities with clients, prospects and consultants within the institutional segment
- Must have excellent presentation skills and in-depth product and broad investment knowledge
- Familiarity and existing relationships with local and offshore institutional mandates.
- Ability to quickly comprehend and filter complex information. This is often required within a short timeframe, as clients will generally look to you for input on a wide range of topics, some of which will be time-sensitive and may be confidential.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ARM Hold Co.Similar Jobs
- Agribusiness Investment Analyst at Asset & Resource Management Holding Company
- Latest Jobs at Accion Microfinance Bank Limited
- Internship Positions at Transsnet Financial
- Legal Manager at Transsnet Group
- Business Analyst at Finance Life Technologies Limited (Riby)
- Chief Accountant at FINCA Microfinance Bank Limited
- Operations Officer at Assets Microfinance Bank
- Accountant at Mkobo Microfinance Bank