Consultant Psychiatrist at Olive Prime Psychological Services
Posted on: 8 January, 2019
Deadline: 15 January, 2019
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at The Olive Prime Psychological Services
The Olive Prime Psychological Services We are a new “mental health Outpatient service” based in Abuja, currently looking for the best hands that can provide excellent and client focused services.
We are committed to providing individuals with a flexible pathway to full recovery in a way different from the conventional inpatient services. We intend to provide support for our service users where we engage them in various psychological therapies and other complimentary activities which in the long term equips them with a more realistic and flexible form of recovery.
Employment Type: Part time - 28 hours a week including alternate Saturdays
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessment, Diagnosis and treatment : Responsible for patient assessment prior to admission, in patient care, discharge planning and aftercare
- Construct an accurate summary of patient’s needs, strengths, and a comprehensive individualized risk assessment that contributes to care planning.
- Collaborate with Medical Director in taking overall clinical responsibility for monitoring client treatment and delivery of services
- To communicate effectively through regular contact with patients, relatives and any other concerned bodies.
- To contribute to other departments in the organization – Business development, Administration and Management.
- Responsible for treating and managing mental illness, emotional disturbance and abnormal behavior in patients by prescribing psycho therapeutic treatments and medication.
- Provide Clinical leadership in interaction, planning and collaboration with multidisciplinary team comprising of Psychiatric Nurses, Support Workers, and Clinical Psychologists in delivering a comprehensive high quality service.
- Management of complexity, severity and risk to the patient, contain anxieties within the team and have overall responsibility of patient treatment plans whilst liaising with the multidisciplinary team.
Required Qualification and Experience
- Applicant must have a Degree in Medicine (MBBS) from a well-known institution
- Must have a Post Graduate fellowship in Psychiatry
- Ability to synthesize medical and psychiatric data and formulate effective and evidence based clinical recommendation
- Should have a comprehensive understanding of mental illness, signs and symptoms, side effects, psychotropic medication and contemporary treatment models.
- Applicant must be a registered member of Medical and Dental council Of Nigeria and should own a valid practicing license
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting application.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their Applications and CV to: email@example.com
Note: The subject of the email should be “Consultant Psychiatrist” failure to abide by this would lead to automatic disqualification.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about The Olive Prime Psychological ServicesSimilar Jobs
- Jobs at The Olive Multi-Specialist Hospital
- Accountant at St. Kizito Clinic
- Medical Officer at Paelon Memorial Hospital
- Staff Nurses and Midwives at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children
- Pharm Tech at Mt. Sinai Hospitals Ltd
- Physiotherapist at Lily Hospitals Limited
- Admin Officer at St. Kizito Clinic
- Medical Jobs at Etta Atlantic Memorial Hospital