Working Together for a Better Tomorrow
Philips is a diversified health and well-being company, whose innovation-led products ease and improve the quality of lives every day. We are a market leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare products, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as lifestyle products for personal well-being and pleasure with strong leadership positions in male shaving and grooming, portable entertainment and oral healthcare. Philips is ranked as a top place to work in multiple geographies, employing more than 122,000 employees in more than 100 countries worldwide
About Philips Africa:
Philips Africa comprises all 54 countries of Africa, from the Cape to Cairo, and from the Atlantic to the Indian Ocean. Philips Africa is headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa and it has presence in seven other African countries, in the cities of Accra, Algiers, Casablanca, Cairo, Lagos, Nairobi and Tunis. Philips Africa is definitely one of the growth drivers for Philips.
Why choose Philips:
Philips Lighting is the global market leader in the lighting industry, with recognized expertise in the development, manufacturing and application of innovative lighting solutions. We offer our expertise, depth and reach across the entire lighting value chain to improve and simplify the work of our professional partners wherever our knowledge and reach can create value for them. From LED light sources to the increased role of controls to all-inclusive tailor-made solutions. Our approach is to observe and listen to people our customers, consumers and stakeholders- to ensure that what we do every day addresses their real needs and aspirations in life. Together with architects, lighting designers, city planners, public authorities, and even with consumers in their homes, Philips Lighting seeks to simply enhance people's lives with light.
Job: Marketing Management
Primary Location: NG-LA-Lagos-Island
Organization: Markets, Countries & Government Affairs-10011002
- We challenge you to join Philips as a Marketing Communications Intern.
- You will provide a broad range of communications and marketing support to the organization.
- You will assist sales functions with different communications media and advertising materials to effectively represent the company's products and services to customers and prospects.
- The position reports to the Marketing Manager - Lighting.
Purpose of the Job:
- Support local segment, trade and product marketing with effective MarCom tools in a country/sub-region for all the professional sales channels (Trade, Professional and OEM)
- Translate and (help) develop the best MarCom tools and customer events to support the local sales (incl. POS) and the Philips brand.
- Develop MarCom tools for corporate communications and brand awareness.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Local development, printing, distribution of local POS material, pricelists and catalogues (partly)
- Effective management of suppliers list and market scanning for potential suppliers to insure best quality& best price.
- Organization of local events (i.e: town meetings) and/or co-marketing with customers (customer fairs/events, sales conventions, sales promotions, etc.)
- Local brand and PR management for professional lighting
- Administration of MarCom budget and spending
- MarCom materials distribution handling with warehouse/suppliers
- May develop and coordinate multimedia packages—letters, brochures, video, point-of-purchase displays—for particular assignments.
- Develops draft advertising text and layouts as part of campaign materials
- Coordinates communications projects with vendors and contractors for the development and production of promotional materials.
- Works collaboratively with other departments to produce communication collateral which accurately conveys the scope of work carried out by the organization.
- Sales (Consumer and professional)- trade and prof marketers-purchasing-Supply chain-F&A
- Marcom agencies-hotels-trade customers
- Education: Degree in mass media or related topics (sociology)
- Experience: Fresh grad. or 1-2 years of experience with proven track of similar activities.
- Photoshop and any graphic design tools is a plus.
- Proficient in English and excellent MS Office experience (especially MS PP-MS Excel)
- Strong communication skills is mandatory-fast learner and positive thinker- creative-charismatic-highly enthusiastic about their work- result oriented-customer centric.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.