Vacancy at OLX
Posted on: 17 April, 2014
Deadline: 30 April, 2014
View Jobs in Online Sales / Marketing
View All Jobs at OLX
OLX (On Line eXchange) is the next generation of free online classifieds. OLX provides a simple solution to the complications involved in selling, buying, trading, discussing, organizing, and meeting people near you, wherever you may reside. Our website is used in over 100 countries and in 30+ languages.
- We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and passionate Community Engagement Associate who, reporting to the Operations Manager will be responsible for all experiential and direct interactions in communities across the country.
- We are looking for someone with a degree in Communication or Marketing, preferably with a focus on event marketing or community outreach, and at least five years’ experience in developing and implementing community outreach activities.
- You have experience in developing and setting up exhibitions/events/promotions and in working with virtual exhibitions/promotions for a leading brand/international company.
- You will be experienced in brand-based communication and project management.
- You have relationships with different types of communities such as, but not limited to, Universities, community savings associations, women groups, NGOs etc. Good communication skills and fluency in English, both spoken and written, is a requirement for this position.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Develop an annual strategy for direct seller acquisition via diverse channels such as tele-marketing, door to door and community evangelism.
- Plan, budget and monitor direct marketing budget to deliver optimum results
- Recruitment, training & development of temporary promotion staff directly or through credible partners
- Strategic event planning and execution, overseeing all aspects of the delivery of detailed acquisition and direct marketing programs from campaign planning and set up through to fulfillment and evaluation of realized new net sellers
- Establish metrics in which to measure the success of all direct marketing activities and implement these metrics across all campaigns.
- For each activity, establish projections/goals in terms of expected outcomes and compare it to actual outcomes for each campaign.
- Monitor direct marketing trends to consistently innovate and evolve the techniques of engaging with users directly.
- Promotions management within a diverse account universe
- Execution of promotions, micro but highly impacting events to educate and raise selling activities on the OLX platform in various community formations such as churches and residential neighbourhoods.
- From scratch, design and develop educational programmes to directly communicate the key benefits of an online brand to local communities
- Design and develop highly complex city to city events to “narrate the story” of OLX in an entertaining yet impactful way in delivering new sellers to the platform
- Create relationships with community influencers and celebrities in development of key event participation partnerships
- Build and develop relationships with direct marketing agencies and suppliers in order to deliver the optimum levels of performance and ensure continuous improvement.
- Work with respective agencies in collaboration with the marketing team to develop creative briefs
- Help in execution of collaborative education partnership with Govt and non-govt organizations at the local community level.
- Responsible for coordinating designing, development and distribution of merchandise
- Plan and Execute promotions / Brand events in accordance to guidelines
- Analyze campaigns / events applying analytical techniques to uncover the ROI of brand engagement activities
- Successful planning, ideation and execution of special events
- Engage and educate users on safe ways of selling and buying using our platform
Desired Skills and Experience
- BA, BSc with a minimum of Second class upper or higher from a reputable university.
- Minimum of 3–5 years experience leading/managing implementation of direct marketing campaigns (in particular acquisitions) and at least 2 years in line management.
- Relationship building abilities -, Pleasant and outgoing personality
- Ability to manage /rapidly build a team to deliver on a common goal
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Innovative out of the box skills
- Highly organized team player who can multitask with strong attention to detail
- Excellent proofreading, verbal and written communication skills
- Customers service oriented
- Committed, positive and hardworking
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to contribute individually and participate in cross- functional teams
Method of Application
Interested applicants should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about OLXSimilar Jobs
- Social Media Intern at Jay Osbie
- SEO Specialist at The Vane
- Graduate Marketing Executives at Trogge Urban
- Merchandising And Supplier Selection & Management Job Vacancy at Konga
- Career Opportunities at Jumia Nigeria
- Accounts Receivable Associates at Jumia Nigeria
- Job Opportunity at Jumia Nigeria
- Entry-level Copywriters at Kilimall Nigeria