Jobs at IITA
Posted on: 14 July, 2011
Deadline: 26 July, 2011
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at IITA - International Institute of
IITA is an international non-profit research-for-development (R4D) organization created in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported primarily by the Consultative Group of International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our R4D is anchored on the development needs of sub-Saharan Africa. We develop agricultural solutions with our partners to tackle hunger and poverty by reducing producer and consumer risks, enhancing crop quality and productivity, and generating wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 Internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals to fill the positions below at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan.
Delivery and Nutrition Specialist(2-year renewable Contract)
This is a senior management position. Successful candidate will among other things:
* Participate in day-to-day activities of the harvest Plus Country Office at (IITA Headquarters, Ibadan;
* Monitor the implementation of country strategic and workplan for the delivery of vitamin A cassava varieties to rural households in Nigeria;
* Collaborate with partners in the public and private sectors in Akwa Ibom, Imo, Oyo and Benue States to ensure services are efficiently delivered;
* Ensure timely deployment of vitamin A cassava stems to farmers in target States;
* Develop innovative strategies and actions to enhance consumer acceptability of Vitamin A cassava products by small holder farmers in Nigeria;
* Increase awareness and adoption rates of Harvest Plus technologies through social marketing
* Monitor project timelines and contract requirement to ensure that all contract deliverables are met on schedule;
* Write and submit technical reports timely;
* Write proposals that will lead to increased funding of harvest Plus activities:
* Take and review inventory of project assets regularly;
* Represent Harvest Plus in formal and informal meetings with Government Officials, International Agencies and National Technical Advisory Groups:
* Oversee fiscal and human resource planning within the prefect
* Perform any other related assigned duties.
Qualification and Experience:
* Minimum of Master of Science (MSc) degree in Food Technology/Nutrition, Public Health or related fields
* Minimum of 3 years of demonstrable experience in program development, implementation and evaluation
* Ability to design and implement workshops, seminars, surveys monitoring systems and evaluations.
* Experience in linking Agriculture, Nutrition and Health
* Energetic enthusiastic and a team player
* Dynamic with good organization and managerial skills.
Database/Administrative Officer: (2-year renewable Contract)
Candidate will among other things:
* Develop and maintain database for all Harvest Plus activities in Nigeria
* Collate enter and analyze agronomic and nutrition data
* Manage day-to-day administration of the Harvest Plus Country Office at IITA Headquarters Ibadan
* Monitor project activities timelines to ensure prompt deliveries and reporting;
* Develop contracts with project partners and service providers for specific activities in target States:
* Monitor contractual agreements effectively to ensure partners and service providers deliver on their contracts;
* Monitor cash flow in relation to approved budgets:
* Keep an inventory of project assets:
* Overseea logistic needs of project staff and partners for high performance.
Qualification and Experience:
* Minimum of B.Sc/HND Computer Science or related fields plus 3 years of demonstrated experience in project monitoring and database management.
* Ability to design and implement workshops, seminars, surveys, monitoring systems and evaluation. Dynamic with good organizational and administrative skills.
* Candidate must be energetic, enthusiastic and a team player.
RESEARCH TECHNICIAN (MULTIPLICATION & DISSEMINATION)
2-year renewable contract
Candidate will among other things:
* Multiply cassava extensively on-station and on-farm;
* Cut, package and deliver cassava stems to partners for multiplication/production;
* Ensure project farmers employ best agronomic practices in production;
* Monitor multiplication and production farms in project States;
* Collect and enter data for analysis
* Form farmers into groups or clusters for ease of contact
* Support partners technically to implement project activities
* Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of National Diploma (ND) in Agriculture or WASC plus 10 years relevant working experience in cassava multiplication in a research or farm enterprise environment.
Appreciable experience in farm mechanization, field layout and use of herbicides.
Candidates must be dynamic, energetic and be a good team player.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should forward their applications which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to specific duties of the position applied for. Application must include detailed curriculum vitae, the names and addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organisation or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior Officer at work not later TWO WEEKS from the date of this publication.
Note that application letters not accompanied with evidence of current remuneration will not be treated.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about IITA - International Institute of Tropical Agricul...Similar Jobs
- Job Opening at Creative Associates International
- Job Opportunities at Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD)
- Latest Job Vacancies at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Secretary at the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Massive Job Vacancies at The Nigeria Supply Chain Integration Project - i+ Consortium (52 Positions)
- Receptionist at The Social and Economic Rights Action Center (SERAC)
- Job Vacancy at Palladium Group
- Operations Managers at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)