Career Opportunity in an Insurance Firm Via Work Place Centre Limited
Posted on: 17 April, 2014
Deadline: 24 April, 2014
View Jobs in Insurance
View All Jobs at Work Place Centre Limited
Our Client is a leading Insurance Company licensed to transact Life and Non-Life Insurance business in Nigeria.
Job Reference Number: LAG/CFO/01
Reports to: Managing Director
- The ideal Candidate will be responsible for the overall Financial and fiscal functions of the Company.
- Conducts Project/Investment Analysis and Negotiations, Cost Benefit Analysis and Forecasting.
- People Development - Coaches, trains and mentors subordinates in order to improve their awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
- Oversees the Finance Function of the Organization; primarily responsible for the smooth and effective day-to-day planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial activities of the Business, including:
- Development and Monitoring of the Company Budget and Business Performance; providing leadership in the development of short and long-term strategic financial objectives of the Company.
- Reporting and Liaison Functions - Oversees the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the Organization; supervises the preparation of the Company's Annual Pinancial
- Statements to ensure they are in accordance with international, Industry, Federal, State and other relevant statutes and guidelines. Develops and maintains systems of internal controls to safeguard the financial assets of the Company.
- Oversees the coordination and activities of independent auditors to ensure all aud it and compliance issues are resolved.
- Attend Board and Sub-Committee meetings.
- Asset Management - oversees the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets.
- Assists in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of salaries and incentives for Company staff.
- Investigate cost-effective fringe benefits which the Organization may offer with the goal of a ttracting and retaining qualified individuals.
Educational Qualifications and Requirements
- A minimum of a Second Class Lower in B.5c. in Accounting or any
- Finance / numerate - related field from a recognized University.
- M.Sc in Accounting or any related field a plus.
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ACA) and a Member of the
- Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAN); or possess professional accounting qualifications from any other recongnised professional body (ACCA, CP A, CF A).
- Sound understanding of current Industry regulatory and statutory reporting (IFRS) requirements and prevalent corporate governance rules and guidelines, compliance and enterprise risk management; experience in internal audit, corporate finance and company secretarial matters a plus.
Method of Application
Upload your CV at www.workplacecentre.com/careers and send a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference number as subject heading. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Work Place Centre LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Law Union Rock Insurance