FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:FTI) is a leading global provider of technology solutions for the energy industry. Named by FORTUNE® Magazine as the World's Most Admired Oil and Gas Equipment, Service Company in 2012, the Company has approximately 18,400 employees and operates 30 production facilities in 16 countries. FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
- Performs document control activities that require knowledge of document control processes, providing support to Base/Subsea Services Management and day to day management of all formal base/Subsea Services documentation.
- Will also be responsible for the management of the FMC SharePoint sites, which entails managing, maintaining, granting user access and general upkeep.
- Scans, files, and input all documentation into SAP, Sharepoint and paper filing systems as required by procedure.
- Ensures via auditing with QA engineer that all departments are adhering to the company document control policy.
- Receives Electronic Service/Work order packs from Planners, prints and assembles books for turnover to Workshop supervisor.
- Maintains records and ensures their current revision status, prepares various forms using
applicable standard format and procedures, verifies information and resolves document problems.
- Handles confidential or sensitive information or issues as may be made available by appropriate personnel.
- Upload all daily reports from the Rig into the appropriate SharePoint page
- Maintains spreadsheets of scanned and uploaded work packs. Regularly develops original spreadsheets, databases and reports. Suggests improvements to increase efficiency and improve communication of departmental documentation handling.
- Maintains efficient paper and electronic filing system and ensures quick retrieval of requested documents both on SAP, Sharepoint and hard drives.
- Performs base/project document control activities such as transmittal of documentation, change notifications, engineering technical routing, and revision processing
- BSC/HND in business admin or liberal arts.
- Two or more years experience in a related environment using advanced skills in area of specialization.
- Ability to evaluate and resolve problems independently.
- Must demonstrate ability to pay close attention to details, and present good planning, organization, and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for inter-departmental and customer interaction.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with good vocabulary, good grammatical skills and attention to detail.
- PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to use advance, department-specific software packages.
- Experience using Electronic Data Management Systems (EDMS), SAP data management.
- Knowledge of revision standards, transmittal requirements, engineering technical routing, and nonconformance controls.
- Must have the ability to handle many diverse tasks simultaneously and be able to work effectively without interruptions.
- Demonstrates ability to handle confidential or sensitive information or issues.
Click here to apply