Futures Group develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing and evaluating programs in HIV, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Futures Group has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Futures Group is seeking 6 consultants to work at the state level to collect data and develop family planning activities for the state in line with the federal plan. The consultants will undertake a review of the Family Planning situation and progress in the state including policies, programs and activities for the purpose of state-level planning. One consultant in each of the following 6 states will be hired: Delta, Imo, Kano, Kogi, Lagos and Taraba States.
• Draft and edit major sections of the Costed Implementation Plan document for the state
• Draft and edit the state budget for Costed Implementation Plans using MS Excel templates
• Prepare PowerPoint presentations, background reference briefing materials for internal stakeholders (e.g. state Technical Working Group on Family Planning)
• Gather data on the costs of various family planning/reproductive health program and service delivery interventions
• Prepare for and attend stakeholder interviews and state-level meetings, take notes, and circulate technical minutes to stakeholders
• Provide logistical and administrative support in planning for meetings, events, and travel
• Other related technical and administrative tasks as required
• Masters level degree (MA, MPH) in International Health and Development or related program (coursework in Family Planning/ Reproductive Health/ Population Studies is preferred)
• Strong skills in MS Word, and complex MS Excel documents
• Experience in strategic planning and budgeting
• Excellent judgment, conceptual and analytical thinking ability
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Background in family planning policy and services (and background with decentralized health systems would also be beneficial)
• Good diplomatic/advocacy skills and experience interacting with agencies including local governments, development partners, and civil society organizations
• Experience working with SMoH
• Experience with USAID or other USG agency (CDC, Peace Corps, DoD) preferred
• Knowledge of health care service delivery and budgeting at the state level
• Fluency in English required
• Based in or able to travel to one of the following states: Delta, Imo, Kano, Kogi, Lagos or Taraba
All applications for this position should be submitted online at www.futuresgroup.com via the Careers page. Futures Group provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.